Thursday, November 12, 2015

10 years





10 years of marriage.  I feel like that is such a big milestone.    10 years ago, could I have imagined where we would be today?  My love for Jeremy is so different that it was back then. Deeper.  It has grown and stretched.  Taught me so much.   It has shown me how to truly put another person's needs before my own. It has given me the courage to try new things.   It gave me the strength I needed to get through Sutter's birth.  I know without a doubt that this man loves me. He loves me through my grumpiness, he understands when I need to get away from everything and just be. He supports me, he pushes me to be a better person.   These last 10 years haven't been without hard times but when we signed up for this marriage gig no one said it would be easy.  Everyday it's waking up and thinking about each other needs.  It means holding my tongue when I am feeling grumpy. It means supporting him in all his dreams.  Being there when he is falling and best of all knowing he is doing the same thing for me each and every day.

10 years ago I didn't deserve this man.  God blessed me. 10 years later I still don't feel like I deserve him.  

Things I have learned in the last 10 years...

Marriage is such a beautiful thing when God is at the center.  

Never speak a negative thought about your spouse but more importantly, do your best to not even think them.  Because those thoughts in you head can easily take root in your heart.

You will talk about anything and everything with your spouse.  Really.  I can only imagine the topics we will cover in the next 20 years.

Kids will strain your marriage like no other but they also grow your marriage so much.

Change is a good thing.  So many people told us we were crazy to get married when we did.  That I needed to grow up and experience life. I am glad I am not the same person Jeremy married, marriage to this man has changed me.  He has made me better.  God has done amazing work in both of our lives.  We have changed so much.  Without him by my side who knows where I would be.  

Learn to laugh at the little things.

Find something you both love and make a point to do it.

Do something he loves even if you don't.  

And so many more things I can't think of right now.  10 years ago, I couldn't have imagined what God was going to do with our marriage, 10 years later, I can't wait to see what He does with the next 10 years.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...