Friday, September 4, 2015

Birthday, Book Club, and Podcast

I really need to join or start a book club.  I have a minor obsession with reading.
My book club would need to include wine and chocolate, no attitudes, and good books.  Opinions are welcome only if you can see the value of others opinions as well. Something I totally struggle with but with God's help, I am working on.  If I were to start a book club I think I would want to read For the Love first, just so I could have someone to discuss it with.   I really want to know what other people truly though of it.  Anyone want to join me?


Right now I am trying to find a really good quick reference book for homeopathy that both educates and gives you remedies.

My husband tells me that my book reading obsession is going to turn into a book writing obsession one of these days.  I personally don't see this happening but with God in charge anything is possible.

My birthday yesterday was amazing.  Wonderful.  So much needed.   Jeremy surprised me by taking the day off work to take over for me.  He did everything including homeschooling. I needed this so much.  It was nice to have no have-to-do's on my list only like-to-do's.   I relaxed.  I finished up homework.  I didn't parent.  It was awesome.   And the best part of all, everything got done.  I don't have to play catch up today because he took care of everything including the laundry that had been sitting in baskets all week.  Bonus, I even got to drink my morning coffee while it was still hot, I can't say the same thing about today.

We are finishing up our first week of homeschooling and it is going better than I thought it would of course these first few weeks are just review, not a whole lot of new material being introduced.   On Tuesday I talked about the curriculum we chose this year.  I am still looks for a numbers/math curriculum for Eldon but for now I am printing out worksheets each day for him.


That's it this week.  Oh wait I just started listening too The Life-Changing Magic of Tiding Up, so far it isn't my thing but I am trying to finish it up.

Also podcasts, I recently found Homeschooling in Real Life, it is awesome.  Even if you don't homeschool it's an excellent podcast that talks about raising your children with grace and the gospel not fear and a list of rule.  You should totally check it out.

This is the for reals end of this post.  Have a wonderful Labor day weekend.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...