Friday, May 1, 2015

Sutter's Birth Story Part 1

Oh Sutter Grace.  The wait almost killed me.  It tested my faith.  It exhausted my patience.   It was rough.   40 weeks and 6 days.   6 days over due...not horribly late... perfectly normal for some but this was my 4th time.  I wasn't supposed to go over due for the first time with my 4th child.   But God and Sutter had other plans.   

Those last 5 days before I went into labor were a roller coaster... fueled by lack of sleep.   It wasn't pretty and I am sure Jeremy was wishing I would forget his phone number.  Thankfully I had my birth playlist prepared and that seriously got me through along with a lot of prayer and a lot of complaining to Jeremy.   Give Me Jesus, I Surrender, Lord, I Need You and He Knows were wonderful.It is so funny to me, I had this awesome playlist all ready for labor and I didn't use it but it was used a lot during those last 2 weeks leading up to Sutter's birth.  

I thought once I went into labor that would be it, I would finally get off this crazy emotional rollercoster but it didn't work out that way....

Monday morning I woke up around 4:45am with contractions which made me incredibly happy.  My first of this whole pregnancy.   The midwife had stripped my membranes Friday but I was discouraged.  While I was 4/5 centimeters dilated, I was only 20% effaced, I figured I would make it to the 42 week mark and would be headed to the hospital for induction (ever the optimist), so imagine my surprise when I woke up with contractions every 7-8 minutes apart.   At 5:30 Jeremy woke up to get ready for work and I told him I didn't think he would be going in that day.   I had him call his mom to come get the kids while I texted Megan, our midwife, to let her know what was going on. My hope was that by the time the kids were walking out the door Megan would be walking in to deliver the baby.    I went about my business getting the kiddos ready to leave... I had refused to unpack their suitcase when we got back Saturday so all I really needed to do was add hair and teeth stuff.  Jeremy's mom showed up sometime around 8:30 and the kids headed off.  Funny story, it took a while to get a hold of her.  We called several times and even tried facetiming her on the iPad.   She had forgotten to take her phone of vibrate the night before.

9am... I was having a hard time getting comfortable so I decided to try laying on my side on the couch to see if I could get comfortable.  Jeremy started airing up the birth pool as well as laying out the supplies.   I may have fallen asleep.

10am... I woke up and my contractions had stopped.  Oh boy, was I pissed.   Jeremy tried to stay positive but I wasn't having it.   He offered to go for a walk with me but I wasn't really in the mood to walk around our neighborhood and look at tumbleweeds.   So I told him to just keep working on his homework.   Since I wasn't having a baby that day, I would just clean and later after he was done we would go pick up the kids.   I proceed to pack up all the birth supplies, Jeremy refused to let me take down the birth pool because it was so much work getting it aired up with our horrible pump.

I look so thrilled

Noon... I really wanted a shredded beef taco for lunch but didn't feel like leaving the house.  Jeremy offered to go get it for me but we ended up making sandwiches.   My contractions started back up about this time which really mad me mad and annoyed.  This time I was having a lot of bloody show.

2 pm...  I was still having regular contractions but they weren't getting any closer together and since I was in a permanent annoyed state, I decided to take a nap.  I hadn't slept all weekend so I figured I would sleep a little before the big 3 came back.

4:30pm...  I woke up with very intense contractions.  I was at the point of giving up because I couldn't keep doing this start stop thing.  It was messing with my head big time.  After talking it over with Jeremy he suggested texting Megen to have her come over so we could make a game plan so I could survive what was sure to be a very, very long labor.  She promised to be there by 5 pm....



And that is where I am going to leave it because I want to get this written before she is 4 but she is waking up so its time to leave you for today.

part 2 here...

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...