Sunday, March 8, 2015

Endurance

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, 
for we know that they help us develop 
endurance.
Romans 5:3 NLT

Endurance.

We just got through what I feel like was a major trial in our lives. I doubt it is the worst thing that will happen but up to this point it is the hardest thing we have had to go through as a married couple. And to be truthful, I am so ready for a season of easy for a while. I really just want to slow down and enjoy the upcoming birth of Sutter and selfishly I would like it to be a stress free time. Saturday when we had what felt like a huge blow to our otherwise good weekend I faltered. I will be honest, I was mad at God. I even told Jeremy today, I don't want to develop endurance right now, I want to be at rest.  I was so focused on our situation that I forgot to rejoice.   I forgot to fix my thoughts on Him.  

Tonight we watched church, the section of scripture the pastor was covering was Hebrews 10:26-39, talking about enduring.  Not turning away from the finished work of Christ.   Yesterday and today, I will admit I lost sight of the finished work of Christ.  I was so caught up in the why us again mentality that I forgot to look outside myself and our situation.  I forgot to rejoice and have faith.  God didn't forget us, what happened Saturday wasn't a surprise to Him and neither was Jeremy or I's reaction.   I have to have faith.  I have to trust in the Lord.   He knows.   I don't.   I have no clue how this is going to play out or what it means for us but I do know that the only thing that will get me through it, faith in Christ.   

I know there are going to be times when I struggle over these next few days because I am only human but my prayer is that when those times come, I will rejoice even when I don't feel like it.   I also think I will turn on one of my new favorite songs, He Knows, because it is seriously speaking to my soul right now.

Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. 
Then you will receive all that he has promised.
Hebrews 10:36 NLT

1 comment :

  1. Wow - God always knows what we need to hear! Thinking of you during your time of trial.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...