Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Baby #4// 34 weeks and a non birth, birth plan




Cardigan//Old Navy
Top//Be Maternity Target
Jeans//WallFlower via Thred Up
Boots//Target

6 weeks... or 5 weeks... or 4 weeks... or 3 weeks... I don't know if I can handle the 3 or 4 week possibility.  Maybe we should buy the few things we need; like diapers. 

When I bought these boots Jeremy was like "really!?" and I was like "yes".  I love them, although Brighton tries to grab a hold of the tassels when I walk.  And yes, this is basically the same outfit I wore last week, just a different cover-up. This and the white version of this top are the only 2 shirts that I feel cover my belly really well.

We don't celebrate Valentine's day so this is as festive as the chalkboard will get for this non-holiday.  I should have done a President's day theme. 

Attempting to take these pictures while it is crazy windy outside made for super glamorous shots.

I mentioned a few weeks back that I have never had a birth plan because if I had a plan, in my head that is how it must go and the minute things change it will stress me out and I will feel out of control. So with birth we have always gone into it with a "whatever happens, happens" type mindset. And it worked really well the first 2 times and the 3rd time it was the incompetence in the hospital that caused everything to go wrong. This time, since we are doing a home birth, there is a little more planning going on. I need to have an idea of how we are going to approach the pain because I have always relied on the epidural as my first line of pain management. We are doing Bradley method because that is what is offered. As I have been praying about it, God keeps telling me I need to have a few verses memorized for the hard parts. I am really lucky in that 2 out of the 3 of my labors have been 2 and 4 hours long. But this time with no pain relief, I have no clue how long my body will take it. So scripture memory. I am horrible at memorizing things. I try but I always fail. I couldn't tell you the lyrics to Let It Go even though I hear my daughter sing it a 1000 times a days. But I am trying and I am doing pretty well so far. I have these 4 verses picked out and an idea of what they mean to me

But Jesus spoke to them, "Don't be afraid," he said, "Take courage.  I am here!"
Matthew 14:27

Jesus is going to be there for every step of this. When I get exhausted, during the intense pain, through it all. He will be there and I can lean on Him.  He has blessed me with an amazing husband an a wonderful birth team for this birth. 

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength
Philippians 4:13

He will give me the strength.  I can do this with His strength.

You will keep in perfect peace
 all who trust in you,
all who fix their thoughts on you!
Isaiah 26:2

Probably my favorite verse of them all. I love the idea of perfect peace. In fact my Bradley teacher wants me to have a word to remind me to relax when I am tensing up and I am thinking our word will instead be a phrase... perfect peace. If I fix my thoughts on Him and whole heartily trust Him to get me through this He has promised to give me His perfect peace. And God always keeps His promises

The Lord gives His people strength.  
He blesses them with peace.
Psalm 29:11

He blesses them with peace. I love that image. He will bless me with peace.


I also want to say I see nothing wrong with the hospital or the epidural. They are a beautiful thing. My first 2 experiences were amazing and peaceful and calm. My epidural worked perfectly, I trusted my doctor and nurses to take care of everything and they did.  If I thought I could have that experience again I would probably take that route, although, I am not sure.  Now that we are in the midst of prepping for doing this at home and all natural I am really set on it.  I am looking forward to it as crazy as that sounds.


Now I will leave you with the last of my comparison photos.  This is the last belly shot I have of Bristol's pregnancy.  I didn't document it. 

Do you see how little Eldon is in that picture?  It is crazy. 

3 comments :

  1. You are so close! I can hardly believe it! And the tassel booties are awesome - good choice :)

    I love the scriptures you have chosen to meditate on. So encouraging. I know the Lord will give you the strength! I am so interested to hear how it all happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so cute!!! and all belly!! those verses are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the scripture idea! Great verses! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...