Sunday, February 22, 2015

A sewing filled weekend

I have been dreading this 10 day stretch for a while now. Jeremy left Wednesday night for drill and doesn't get back until very late tonight. And even though he will be back tonight between work and school the kids will get to spend about 3 hours with him this week. Wednesday during my quiet time I was going over one of the verses I plan to us for labor.... 

But Jesus spoke to them at once. "Don't be afraid," he said. "Take courage. I am here" 
Matthew 14:27

God knew that I was going to be on my own this weekend. He knew these 10 days were going to be long and He provided.  It wasn't easy but it also wasn't as bad as it has been in the past. Sure the dog decided that the laundry room was the perfect spot for an giant all over the place accident and Brighton is teething so she pretty much has the same issue going on but thankfully it is contained by a diaper most of the time. And I needed to go to Joann's but thankfully my ice cream bribe made that not horrible but there were also some wonderful moments. Like a play date Friday and great friends inviting me over for dinner and telling me they would take care of the whole meal, which was delicious and Bristol being a huge help.  Seriously that girl has been awesome lately.  Sure I woke up Thursday morning to her helping herself to my chocolate stash but otherwise she helped out all weekend.  Anytime Brighton needed something that I couldn't get, Bristol helped out. I love that she is maturing.  Brighton and Eldon were pretty well behaved this weekend.
God definitely provided for me this weekend.  He gave me enough energy to get a ton of sewing done, a few more items checked off my purging list, and well behaved kiddos that I thoroughly enjoyed.  


Sutter's first outfits.   Since we don't know if we are having a boy or a girl, I made head wear options for both.  How do we decide on which one to use first?


The bumpers came out perfect.  Seriously, I am in love!   I'm kind of bummed that we don't have the crib set up to so I can see all this bedding put together.

 I found this picture of Jeremy and I in a box I was trying to purge.  Next month marks 10 years since we started dating and I still really like this guy.   I want to find the digital copy so I can blow it up for the wall.

How is she old enough to read?  Craziness.  I have seen a huge leap in her reading abilities since we started homeschooling.  Which I do plan to write a post about if I can ever get one of the 5 drafts I have saved to convey my feelings properly.  

Now to survive the last 4 days of this crazy period and then we get 3 whole days of Jeremy.  What will we do with ourselves?  Have I mentioned how much I am looking forward to the end of the semester?

How was your weekend?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...