Monday, February 16, 2015

A Holiday Weekend




Boy or Girl?  Which one will get to use?


We got Jeremy to ourselves for 4 whole days! It was wonderful but very busy. On Friday we met with the midwife and she let us know that after this weekend she wanted me to restrict my travel and she only wanted me to go so far this weekend.   One of my grandmother's passed away a few weeks ago and her service was this weekend but the midwife felt it was best I didn't go. We would have had to make the drive both ways in one day due to other commitments and being that it is a 4 hours drive each way she didn't think I would be able to handle it. She was very much right. I lasted about all of 30 minutes in the car each time this weekend which made the other hour miserable. I was sad that I couldn't make it but thankful my mom understood. But we still had to leave town since I had been putting off shopping for Sutter. We really didn't need a lot but it was all the little things like breastfeeding pads and milk bags and diapers. Plus one or 2 big things like dressers. Seriously we have needed dressers for the kids forever but I have managed to make due with what we had.... adding another kiddos laundry to what we had going wasn't going to work.
 
Everyone says Ikea furniture is a pain to put together... I have done a couch, chair, stools, cart, and storage cubes and never found that to be true. But their dressers, they were the death of me,  what I thought would take maybe an hour per dresser ended up taking all day. Thankfully we got them done before the kiddos went to bed so Jeremy could move them in to their rooms. I will worry about organizing them tomorrow.  But even though they were time consuming they are totally worth it. I don't know what I am going to do with all the storage space.

And now my house is a complete disaster. Taking a day off from cleaning is never a good thing. It looks like I will be pretty busy tomorrow while we try to get back into the swing of things. Maybe I should get a head start on the couch this evening.

How was your holiday weekend?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...