Friday, January 16, 2015

Peter, Esther, and a Birthday

 


I just finished up day 17 of my 24 day Peter study, which I am really enjoying.  1 and 2 Peter are two of my favorite books in the bible and I am learning so much from them.   Since my study is coming to a close I need to pick a new one.  I am leaning towards doing Esther.   I started a Beth Moore study on Esther a few years back but for a reason I can't remember right now I didn't finish it.   Anyone want to join me?

This week I am trying to stay off my phone.  The goal is only to play on it when the kiddos are sleeping which usually means browsing when I first wake up and should be getting my day started, a little perusing when the kids are down for their afternoon nap and maybe a quick check in at the end of the day.  It has been peaceful, the hardest part has been not reading blogs or playing around on Instagram.  

In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge,  and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.
2 Peter 1:5-7

This was in my morning reading this morning.  Patient endurance.   Am I being patient during this season of trials?  No I am not.  I am getting impatient. Instead of handing my worries over to God every time the creep up and they have been creeping up a lot this week, I have been fretting over them.  Why is it so easy to fall back into such familiar patterns.  This morning reminded me that not only do I need to endure but I need to endure it with patience.  I need to turn it over to God every time because He and only He knows the end result.  My pray for today is to patiently endure. 

After that serious note, let me ask you an even more serious question.  HOW is Eldon going to be 4 tomorrow?   I am still in shock over this.  Isn't the picture above of my grumpy old man adorable? 


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...