Monday, January 19, 2015

Our Weekend

What a busy fun weekend we had.

We kind of made our plans up as we went which usually is stressful but wasn't this time.

Jeremy was out of town again Thursday and Friday for Marine Corps stuff. He is trying to get ahead on his drill schedule so he doesn't have to drill in March, if he did he would be gone in the middle of my 39th week which with this whole no pain medicine home birth situation going on doesn't sound smart to me. 


Saturday was Eldon's birthday. We did our usual balloon and streamers on his bedroom door followed by cinnamon rolls for breakfast. After he opened his gifts from us we had our first birth class. Which was weirdly awesome, more on that later. After our instructor left we gave him a few options to choose from and he picked that we go to grandma and grandpa's house for dinner and that way he could send the night with them for his special day out where they took him to church, out to lunch, and shopping.  I wasn't sure how he would do without Bristol but he had a blast.  

Sunday we started the day bright and early at 6:30 to Brighton yelling "no Eldon"  Bristol wanted to sleep in Eldon's bed since he was gone and Brighton wasn't happy to wake up and find that her brother wasn't there.  Silly girl!  Hopefully when we go to move her into Bristol's room in a few months we wont have to many issues.


My in laws had asked if we would be willing to make a trip to Ikea (never have to twist my arm for a trip too Ikea) for them to pick up a few pieces of furniture and in turn they would watch the kiddos. Since we aren't sure what the next few weeks hold and everyone had the day off today it made the most since to head down today. We ended up hanging out with them all evening while Jeremy and my father in law put together the couch and book cases. 

Now I am soaking in the tub, something I don't enjoy but hopefully will help my achy muscles from being in the car all weekend. Tomorrow we are back to the grind. I really need to get serious about crafting for Eldon's party on Saturday.  Jeremy has a full course load this semester and I would be lying if I didn't tell you how much that scares me. But God is faithful and He will be there for us during these next 4 months helping us to survive this crazy.

How was your weekend?  

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...