Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Saturday Drive and a Few Thoughts


We had such a wonderful day Saturday.   I was feeling shut in so Jeremy suggested a drive.   Something we used to do all the time before we moved back to California.  Probably because now anytime we need to go somewhere it takes us 1 1/2 hours to get there.   The destination was snow.  Who knew that destination meant driving to Mammoth.   But the kiddos loved it.  Eldon was super upset we had to leave the snow.   Hopefully next month we will be able to go up to Big Bear for a night or 2 to let the kiddos get their fill of snow.   I would love to rent a small cabin but we will have to see how things work out. 

I had a nightmare the other night about my house being dirty. I have serious problems. It took me a few minutes after waking up to realize it was only a nightmare and that my house was actually very clean.

How is it possible that I am going to have a 4 year old 13 days?  I think we are going to do a small family get together but I still had to make invites.
Can anyone guess what Eldon's current favorite thing is?   Hint... It hasn't changed in 2 years. 

I am finding that even with God providing for us through this interesting time, it's easy for me to get caught up in my anger at the situation.  I am praying hard that I don't let me anger over take my peace. 

Good Night blend... AMAZING! I have slept so well the past 2 nights.   My body isn't getting as sore during the day.  Wonderfulness.    I put about 10 drops on my diffuser each night and let it work its magic.  I may start taking it along for the car diffuser when I want Brighton to take a nap. Maybe that's not safe for the driver though.

I love when God ties together the lessons He has been teaching me throughout the week. The sermon we listen to today lined up perfectly with a few of my bible study lessons from the week. His book truly is meant to be taken as a whole. It all ties together from cover to cover, nothing was left out and nothing was put in there that doesn't still apply today as it did thousands of years ago when it was written.

School is back in session tomorrow and I am kind of sad about it.   Not because I wont enjoy the kid free hours but because we have seen such an improvement in Bristol's attitude over Christmas break that I don't want to send her back and have the problems we have been having start all over again.  We are still praying about it but I think we are going to homeschool next year.   Hopefully we will have access to the resources I want to be able to do it the way I envision.


I just added a 2015 folder to my picture file on the computer.   I think it has finally sunk in that it is a new year. 

Have a wonderful Monday.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...