Friday, December 19, 2014

Family time

These verses from Psalm 23:1-3 are bringing me so much peace and comfort tonight...
The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
 He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.

A beautiful reminder and promise in the midst of our current trials.

This week has been one of counting my blessings.  I am really trying to enjoy the kiddos this season.  I am so happy we decided to not make much of this Christmas holiday because it has left me with energy to do crafts, take drives to look at Christmas lights, play games, and watch movies.  God has blessed us so much and by focusing on that, the other things seem to not mater as much right now.

 The Bennett's roll with ice cream cones instead of cocoa to look at lights.  The baby gets a cone, there is no way she is getting ice cream in the car anytime soon.

 A really fun street in town.  My picture didn't do it justice.   Normally I am not one who would decorate my house but if I lived on this street I could totally do their decorations.  Everything was coordinated and nicely hung.  No wonky lights anywhere. 

 We had our first school Christmas program today.   Because Bristol wears a uniform it didn't even cross my mind that she would be able to dress up for this but Tuesday they sent out a letter saying the kiddos could wear dress clothes.  Because it was too late to make a new dress, Jeremy suggested adding a red sash and sparkly tights to her picture dress from this summer.   He is a genius.  Shhh, don't tell him!


Yesterday when I went to pick Bristol up, her teacher was looking very frazzled and overwhelmed by her to-do list for today.   Since Jeremy was going to be home today, I volunteered to come to school with Bristol and help out.  Her teacher was grateful and Bristol was so happy.    As I was sitting with her, it reminded me that I need to make more of an effort to take my kiddos out for some one on one time.  I loved spending time with her today so much that I didn't notice the body aches and pains from standing or trying to sit in pint size chairs till we got home.

I am trying to finish up the little gifts for the kiddos.  This year we wanted to give them more experiences than stuff.   One of the things we came up with, is coupon books.   They were fun to put together.  Hopefully the kiddos love them as much as I do. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...