Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Baby #4//Week 20 and home birth talk


Top//GroopDealz (non maternity)
Jeans//Forever 21 (non maternity)
Shoes// JC Penny's

Wowzers!  I am already at week 20.  This pregnancy is speeding by and I feel like I haven't even gotten into it yet.  I have said it before but I will say it again, I know I am pregnant but I forget.

I am feeling great these days.  All I can complain about is a little bit of hip discomfort when I am on my feet too long and the need to fall asleep every night at 8:30 but otherwise things are good.  It has been nice to have an easier pregnancy for the last Bennett kiddo.   I am still down 1 pound but with all the chocolate death cake I ate over the weekend I am sure that will be changing any day.  I am so bummed its gone, I was really enjoying my 9 am chocolate cake break.  

I mentioned a week or so ago that we had met with the midwife and did in fact decided on a home birth.  I swore I would update you in a few days and then I got so busy that I never got around to blogging my 19 week update so here it is. We meet with a local midwife 2 weeks ago and I absolutely loved her, this is going to sound so weird but I loved her confidence.   She reminded me a lot of the doctor who I saw with Bristol and Eldon.  Which was perfection.   I have complete trust in her, that she can handle this and will transfer my care if and only if it is absolutely necessary.   I am weirdly excited about this whole home water birth experience.  I am also very thankful for a husband who is super supportive of my choice and a husband who speaks up and looks out for me.  He was very against seeing a doctor in town because of our last experience.

I know most people think I am crazy and don't really understand how I can be so calm about the whole thing but its probably the same way I feel about people who have had a bad experience with the doctors and hospital in town and yet they still use them.   But at the end of the day, you have to do what works best your family and this time around a home birth is what works best and is bringing me peace.

Friday we have our first "official" appointment and then I go in for my 20 week ultrasound. But since we are not finding out the sex of the baby all we get to do is see our peanut on the screen for an hour.  Which will be fun.

Just a little bit of randomness to finish up, for the longest time I wouldn't wear brown and black together but now it is one of my favorite combos.  I love adding a pair of brown earrings or a brown cardigan to a black top.  It feels so classic to me.

ps excuse the horrible picture quality, it is now dark by the time Jeremy gets home from work to take my picture.

linking up with Because Shanna Said So and The Pleated Poppy

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...