Monday, September 29, 2014

Maternity Jeans



Denim Top//Forever 21
Scarf//Me
Tank//Target maternity
Jeans//James Jeans maternity via Thred Up
Shoes//Toms

I love this outfit, almost as much as the one I wore last Monday.  It is so comfy, I cleaned the house in it this morning without feeling a burning need to put on yoga pants and an over sized t-shirt.  

Lets talk maternity jeans for a moment.  I hate them. They are ill fitting, baggy where they don't need to be, tight where the should be loose, short, weird shapes, and until this pregnancy it was hard to find a skinny jean in maternity pants.   After Brighton's pregnancy I decided for my last pregnancy I would only be doing designer jeans.  I had been told by several people that the ill fitting problem was fixed by spending a few extra dollars on some quality denim.  Since I am always a fan of quality over quantity I was down with this idea. I just wish I had found this out 3 pregnancy's ago, of course my body shape and jean size has varied each pregnancy.  So my plan had been to buy used from eBay because there was no way I was spending $160-$200 on a pair of jeans that I would only be wearing for  months but then I kept seeing stuff for the website Thred UP. (if you use that link to buy something, we both get $10 off)  So far I have bought 2 pairs of jeans, J Jeans and these James Jeans.  
The J jeans have the stretch panel where the pockets are supossed to be which I really like and I think I will prefer when my belly is bigger. But as usual for my pregnancies, I have lost weight and I am down a size so they don't stay up as well as I like.  I fixed it with this suspender like clip that I got from JoAnns.  It is doing the trick for now.  This is what happens when you have absolutely no butt to keep your jeans up.

The James Jeans have an over the belly panel which is working best for now but as I get further along those panels don't work so hot for me.  I am really long in the torso and they never sit where they are supposed to be so I end up rolling it down.

Fit wise, both of these jeans are everything I was told to expect.  The fit everywhere they should be and they don't stretch out.  I wear them 3 or 4 times between washes and then I line dry them.  Normally I can't do that with maternity jeans, I usually get 1 or 2 washes out of them before I have to dry them on super duper heat to shrink them back to size.  

So my 2 cents, buy used designer maternity jeans... totally worth every penny.  Price wise, I spent $33 on the James jeans they retail for $165 and I spent $28 on the J jeans they retail for $216.   

Oh and they have non designer maternity stuff as well.  Now if they would just get in a dress that I could wear to the Marine Corps Ball in November so I don't have to buy one full priced that would be awesome.  

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Because Shanna Said So

1 comment :

  1. I love the simplicity of your outfit. It's comfy and stylish. I can't get enough of chambray!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...