Friday, August 15, 2014

Weekend Notes// beach trip

Last Saturday I took the kiddos to the beach.  Did I mention Jeremy was also gone from Wednesday-Sunday?  A few weeks back we got invited to Jeremy's Aunt and Uncle's house in Hermosa Beach.  I really wanted to turn it down, the beach without Jeremy, no thank you.  But Bristol and Eldon have been asking when we were going to see Ken and Joanie again since we last saw them at Thanksgiving.   With lots of promises of help from Jeremy's family I decided that maybe just maybe I was brave enough to try it on my own.





Brighton loved the ocean.  Just like the big 2.  I don't know where my kids get this ocean loving gene but it is definitely not from their mommy.  Brighton kept squawking at me because I wouldn't let her go further into the water or let go of her hand.  The waves crashing on her face, no big deal.  She thought it was fun.  Me on the other hand not so much.  I think the last time I actually got in the water at the beach was about 9 years ago when Jeremy and I were dating.   So you can see just how much I love the beach.  Bristol didn't come out of the water the whole time we were there.   Eldon, as soon as he warmed up to it played in the water right along with her.

All in all it was a great trip.  My In Laws helped out just as much as they promised, the kids listened pretty well and I felt like I wasn't completely insane for doing it on my own BUT I don't know if I would do it again.  I was exhausted by the end of the night and could barely keep my eyes open long enough to get to bed.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...