Monday, June 23, 2014

Ugly Cabinet to beautiful Chalkboard







I have been staring at the end of the very ugly cabinet for almost 3 years now.  It drives me insane.   Why not just continue the wall a few feet to enclose the kitchen?  I will never understand this house.  But it is a rental so when the blue carpet, hideous kitchen floor, and this cabinet annoy me... I remind myself that it isn't permanent.  I have been tossing around ideas for it for a while now.   I originally thought I was going to cover it with cork board and turn it into the kids craft display area but then I became obsessed with chalk boards and knew this would be the perfect space for one.   If we owned this home, I would have just painted the cabinet with chalk board paint but since it is a rental, I needed something that was easy to remove.  So in came a board.   It was white on one side and tan on the other.

 I used Rustolem chalk board paint and I really liked it.  Tip, it is found in the spray paint cage at Home Depot.   All together between the paint and the board we spend $21 but I have a ton of paint left over like enough to make several more projects.

These are the markers I am using. They are CraftSmart brand and I found them at Michael's. I think a pack of 4 was $11.99 but I had a 40% off coupon so it was a much better deal. I really like them. They are super easy to wipe off all you need is a wet rag.

So there you have it, my new chalkboard.  I love being able to write my shopping list, meal plan, and to-do list all in one place.  Bristol and Eldon spend hours drawing on their half of the chalkboard.   

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...