Tuesday, February 4, 2014

What I Wore-- Purple Plaid

Top//Gift
Jeans//Target
Boots//Target
Boot Cuffs//Gift
Earrings//Beads By Cathy

After finding a link to the article Have American Parents Got It All Backwards on Life Rearranged, it got me thinking.  There were a few items I disagreed with and a few that resounded with me.   I totally disagree with the whole co-sleeping and spoiling the baby thing.  It really just wouldn't work for our family but mostly me.  I need space.  But the part about letting children climb trees and use knives, fueling their frustrations, and feel obligated those sounded really good.  Especially the feeling obligated one.  We have been trying to give Bristol more responsibility and a better sense of what her job is in our family since reading that article.   But it is good to feel a sense of purpose and I hope that gives her a sense of comfort and confidence in our family unit.  I want her to know that she has just as important place as Eldon and Brighton.  I want her to have confidence in that.  I feel that knowing just what her job is, she may be able to pull a sense of belonging from it.   I don't know if that is true, but that is what I am feeling these days.   

I also mentioned last week that we were rethinking our decision to homeschool.    It has been a hard decision for me because I have been against public school from the beginning but it is feeling like the right decision.  God is giving me a lot of peace about it.  He is showing me that, like always, He knew exactly the hurtles I would face and He has provided the right answers.   It is not set and stone and we figure we can always pull her out and switch to homeschool if need be but I think my little social butterfly is going to blossom in school.  Now I am trying to decide if maybe I want to put Eldon in preschool as well next year.  It would sure be nice to only have one little hooligan at home for a few hours a day.   But then again, it would also be nice to get a few hours of quality time in with Eldon.   That is another decision for a different day.  

Linking up with 



pleated poppy

1 comment :

  1. There are a lot of good thoughts in that article. But I agree, I'm not a cosleeper, either. But my kids get plenty of cuddles during the day, and they are very secure children.
    I'm glad to hear you have peace about your schooling decision! I've struggled so much with it, going back and forth... So far we're still home, but who knows when that might change!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...