Tuesday, February 18, 2014

These Jeans!


Top, Jeans, and Shoes//Target
it's a problem!

It should be known that I completely forgot to take outfit pictures every time I got dressed this last week so here you have, a recreation of my outfit from last night sans make up.   Not pretty.

I have really struggled to loose my baby weight after Brighton.   It probably wouldn't be so hard if I would stop making scones, morning glory muffins, and sweet potato fries.  But over the last 2 months I have changed my ways.   I am still making all of those things but I am really trying to do it in moderation.  

Right before we found out I was pregnant again, I was in the best shape of my life.   Yes the number on the scale was low but that wasn't what was making me feel good.  We were being really strict about eating clean, I was working out daily, and I felt great.   I didn't look in the mirror and think about everything I wanted to change just the opposite, I really wasn't looking in the mirror for fufillment.  I knew my body was in a good place.  My clothes fit me well, a few of them were getting to big. I had a ton of energy, and despite going through 2 miscarriages, I wasn't getting into cycles of depression like I am prone to do.  All because I was taking care of myself.   So after feeling sorry for myself for 5 months, I pretty much gave myself a verbal bashing.  If I wanted to feel that way again, I needed to do something about it.  Before that I had been trying to work out after the kids went to bed and it just wasn't working.  I was so exhausted and all I wanted to do at the end of the day was unwind or sleep, not work out.   So I set my alarm for 4:55... AM.   It should be known that I am not a morning person or a night owl.  I am a mid day person.  So getting up at this unreasonable hour was a huge deal.  But I did it.   And I quickly started seeing results.   I am finally back down to my pre-Eldon weight.  I am 10 pounds away from my pre-Brighton weight but that number doesn't mean anything because the way my weight is distributed has changed between each kiddo..   I am starting to feel better about myself.  I can't say that I have a whole lot of energy but that probably has something to do with the 3 kids I chase after all day.   And other than last week my mood has been greatly improved.   

But the whole reason of this post, I need to share a little fact with you.  The pants in the above picture are my size 6's.  I debated sharing that number but to me it is really not about the size of the jeans it is about the sweat, early mornings, and dedication I had to put into getting back in these jeans that matters to me.   I am finally back in these pants and it feels so good.   

I don't write this post to make anyone feel bad about their weight because I really do just believe the number on the scale is just a number.  It is more how you feel about yourself that matters.   If you are happy with yourself,  that is all that counts.   If I am exercising and eating right, even if the number on the scale has gone up, it doesn't effect me because it doesn't measure where I am at.    

So for today, I am celebrating this victory.  And next Friday, as long as I get in all my work outs, I am going to celebrate with a huge serving of spinach artichoke dip, like the whole thing of it.  I will NOT be sharing.   

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.  

1 comment :

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...