Sunday, February 16, 2014

Crafting, Salmon, and the Olympics...

I am trying my darnedest to get this written before small group tonight since I have absolutely no energy to get it done afterwards.

We are really enjoying our holiday weekend so far.  It helps that is has been in the high 70's, low 80's all weekend.   The kids have been playing outside, Jeremy has tinkered in the garage, Brighton has been fussing about her teeth, and I have gotten a few crafts done!  Not as many as I would like since we live no where near civilization and the last time we went out of town I didn't have enough time to make it to JoAnns like I planned.
Would you believe this is my first container of mod podge ever?  Crazy, right!?

My solution to keeping the glitter contained, using an amazon box.  We only have a few thousand laying around.
A little bit of my progress

Mmm, dinner!

Some might find this weird, but we do not watch professional sports in our house.  One, neither of us has an interest in them.  In fact, I probably know more current news about sports than Jeremy.  Two, we do not have cable, a dish, rabbit ears, or an antenna so even if we wanted to watch, we cant.  But the Olympics, that is a whole different story.   It is pointless to try and talk to me for the few weeks that they are on.  I am glued to the live streams available on NBC, I am constantly checking my phone for updates, and it is even possible that this morning, while waiting for church to begin, I could be found streaming the ice dancing competition from my seat in church just to make sure the American's took 1st place!   Yep a little crazy but I love watching the Olympics.  I get kind of crazy, I may shed a tear or 2 when someone from the US wins.  

So please excuse my glass eye expression if you are trying to talk to me!  

2 comments :

  1. i love your mantle! and salmon is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way with the Olympics!! Love them! We have an antenna, and our TV runs through our computer, so we've been recording everything! I just can't get enough. And I can't tell you how many times I've teared up...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...