Thursday, February 20, 2014

Baby Mama Fashion #3

Top and Leggings//Target

Dress//Hand Me Down from Bristol

Sweater and Boots//Target
Shirt// Me
Pants// Levis
Earrings//Beads by Cathy



Child of God. Wife.  Woman.  Mom. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Daughter-in-law. Sister-in-law. Aunt. These are all part of my identity. I think so often, as women, we get focused on one of these tiny parts of our identity and forget about all the others that make us up.
As a mom it is important to me that I raise my children knowing they, too, are children of God.
As a woman it is important to me that I raise my daughters to know that it is okay to embrace who you are. That it is okay to take care of yourself and want to look nice when leaving the house, even while being a mom. 

As a wife it is very important to me that I do everything I can to keep my order in marriage. For us that is, God first, marriage second, and then our kids. Because our kids are only going to be in our house 18 years, but Jeremy and me, that is for a lifetime.
I try to embrace all my rolls without forgetting about another. So in the morning, when I wake up, instead of picking out a pair of yoga pants and one of Jeremy's t-shirts... I pick out a pair of jeans and a cute shirt. That takes the same amount of time, but with a much better result. I pick a cute pair of gladiator sandals or a simple pair of ankle boots over a $2 pair of flip flops. I spend a few extra minutes putting on a little BB cream, blush, and mascara. I have taken the time to meet those desires I have as a wife and a woman. Then I leave the room and embrace my roll as mom.   

Just because I am a mom doesn't mean I have to give up the other parts of me that make me a whole.  



3 comments :

  1. i love your outfit - you look great!! i need a piar of jeans like that! and I completely agree - so important to work on your marriage first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome!! I love your jeans and boots!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...