Sunday, November 10, 2013

Parenting, Cheese, and Wood

What a crazy busy weekend we had.   Friday night and Saturday morning we attended a Parenting Matters class at our church, it was wonderful.  Jeremy and I are probably what you would call old fashioned parents.   We have no desire to be our kids friends and our philosophy is we are raising them to be adults and that starts early in life.   Lately we have both been super worn our and feeling beat down by parenting but this class rejuvenated us and I would say, more than anything, gave us our confidence back.  

Saturday as soon as the conference was over we made our usual Saturday shopping run and family dinner.   

Then today was church.   I highly recommend you watch this video.  It is about Steve Scheibner's testimony, the one who led the parenting conference.  He was supposed to be flying one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center on September 11th.  It is very moving and really poses a very important question for Christians.  What are you doing with your borrowed time?  After listening too his testimony, God was asking me something.  When we originally moved to California, we did it for 2 reasons,God and family.  We really felt like God was calling us to get more involved in the church and this new job would allow that to happen, but when we got here we were quickly defeated.  The Calvary Chapel church here was nothing like our Rocky Mountain Calvary Home, and after that, we just had a hard time finding a church.  We were longing for what we missed and having a hard time focusing on the new.  When things didn't go exactly like we planned, we stopped.  Finally, 2 years later, we have started going back to church on a regular basis and I feel like God is once again laying service on my heart.  What type?  I don't have a clue.   So all of that too say, today He pointed out to me, that we gave up too quickly 2 years ago.  
    
I got another nap today. It was desperately needed. Brighton has been up 3 or 4 times a night every night this week. For a solid 12 hour sleeper this is hard. I am going to take her to the doctor this week to make sure we are not missing anything that could be keeping her up.  I miss sleep.  

Tomorrow we celebrate Veteran's day, although in our house I would probably be right in saying that Jeremy probably feels that the 10th should also be a national holiday since its that Marine Corps birthday.  I am very thankful that I didn't have to attend the ball this year and hear the very long (edit: proud) history of the Marine Corps, read by someone who took it from an hour long speech too a 3 hour speech.   I am so thankful for all of our men and women who serve, especially the ones who have laid down there lives so that I can be free.  Thank you to those who serve.

Oh, and how can I forget, a sneak peak at my anniversary present....

Oh, plus, you should buy this cheese.  It is delicious.  Like so good that I, Cheese Hater, could probably sit here and eat the whole pack.




No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...