Sunday, November 17, 2013

Milk productions, hoop jumping, and Christmas

Leaving the house Saturday was interesting to say the least.  The kids were loading up into the car when I remembered they needed their medicine. Back in the house we went. Take meds. Back to the car.  Crap, we didn't make them go potty. Since there is nothing between here and there on the hour and a half drive we have to pee. In we go to pee.  Eldon is working on standing up to pee, clean the toilet once he is done.  Back too the car. Do you have the keys, nope. Me either. In to get the keys. Out to the car.  Did you bring movies. Nope. Oh well I am not going back in. End scene.

Moo moo.  Or at least that is what my freezer looks like. 


That is 234 ounces, or 1.8 gallons, of milk.  Which equals me being able to be gone 7 days and then on the 8th day I would need to be home by our 11:30 am feeding with 2 ounces to spare.  This is a huge blessing to me.   I have never had supply issues before but back around September, after my 2nd round of mastitis, my supply dropped.  I was barely pumping 2 ounces, normally I get any where from 17/18 ounces first thing in the morning to 8/9 ounces at bed time.   At the time I had 3 days worth of supply in the freezer.   Thankfully by the time Brighton burned through it, my supply was back up for her, but I wasn't getting anything extra.  After doing a lot of research and trying several things, I found the only thing that worked for me was Mother's Love More Milk Plus.    Pricey, yes, but well worth the money.  I took it religiously for a month and over the last 2 weeks I tapered off of it.  I was worried that I would see a drop in my supply but over the last week I am still maintaining.   Now I have to figure out what to do with all of this milk.  

m./kjkl;lml;ghfhui90kjuh786t8yhit---bristol


Well now I need to go pop the plug back in Brighton's mouth and remind Eldon to not take the bandage of of his thumb sucking hand.

And my deep thought for the day...

I am struggling with Christmas again.   I feel like everyone has just completely skipped over Thanksgiving and gone right onto Christmas.  Makes me a little sad,  I feel like we need to be thankful before we get into the greedy, guilt ridden, debt engorging season.   I want it to mean more.  We got a lot of gifts growing up but if you asked me what those gifts were, I could probably only tell you a handful of them, if that.  Instead I remember the puzzles we used to put together, the movies we would watch, and the games we played and all the good snack food we would eat on Christmas day.  That is what I want for my kids but more than anything I want them to know why we celebrate this wonderful day.  It is about Jesus and his birthday.  I want my kids to learn to give and expect nothing in return.  I don't want a world's view Christmas for them. 

1 comment :

  1. I agree about Christmas! I am excited for the season, but first we are spending the whole month of November talking about giving thanks! And we will spend all of December celebrating Jesus! Hopefully I will get around to sharing some of our Advent activities on the blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...