Thursday, November 21, 2013

Instafriday--11.21.2013

I might not get very wordy today.  I may have broken my finger or it may just be sprained.  Whatever it is, it hurts and I am wearing a splint.  No, I didn't go to the doctor, if the pain keeps up through thanksgiving then I will entertain that thought.  Until then, I will type gimp style.

This week, it was a lot of ups and downs it seems, but isn't every week?

You can follow along with me on Instagram @crazyrandombennetts

We started the weekend out right, celebrating my Sister In Law and soon to be nephew.  Well I guess he is already my nephew but he won't be done baking until January.  Right around Eldon's birthday. ( boy, do I look tired)

That little girl, she may fuss a lot, but her smiles, they make the world right.  The gums, the dimples, how her whole face lights up, it is perfection.



While us girls were at the baby shower the boys were doing manly things like working on a lawn mower.  Eldon and Brody are super obsessed with all things heavy equipment.  They got to ride on a tractor, they both were in heaven.

Thumb sucking.  Very mixed emotions on it.  When he was a baby, it was a life safer.  That was back, pre Brighton when we had a deep hatred for pacifiers.   So the thumb was welcome.  Now, not so much.  This week he got a really bad blister on his thumb.  It happens about once every 6 months but normally he doesn't complain about it.  This time though, he was asking for medicine and band aids.  So after putting it off for months, we finally decided that this was the time to break the thumb sucking.   It is going great at night, but nap time is a different story.  He falls asleep okay but if he gets woken up, even after 5 minutes, he cant seem to get back to sleep.  Hopefully over time he learns to sooth himself without the thumb.

She survived 2 hours in the nursery and was actually asleep when I picked her up.  We will call that a success.  That was Tuesday, today she was in there again and was a very grumpy girl when I picked her up.

 Giant baby had her 4 month check up.  She is 16 pounds, 4 ounces and 25 inches long.  It is no surprise that people do not believe she is not 6 months old.

I may have taken a nap today during the kids nap time.  I may or may not have been woken up by a certain little girl yelling very loudly over her baby monitor "Mommy its raining, Its raining mommy.  Mommy get the brella we go see the rain."

I complied.

First meal at our new table!  Can't wait to show the color to you in a few weeks, once the benches are built and the chairs are painted.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Linking up with

life rearranged 

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE her polka dot outfit! so cute!! happy to be finally catching up on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...