Monday, November 25, 2013

BBQ, IKEA, and a Jesse Tree

Random things I may ask you on a date. How did Hanukkah get blue and Christmas get red and green?

I went to Costco twice this weekend and forgot oatmeal both times.  Seriously!  

I finally bought the book we are going to use for our Jesse Tree this year.  Once again, I am not completely organized but we are heading down the right path, maybe, by next year I will have my act together.  I was going to try and buy the ornaments but I should have probably started shopping for them before this weekend.  So onto plan "B", make them some how.   I also need to make either a felt tree or find a branch to use.  This is the devotional we are using.  I am really looking forward to it.   Hopefully by doing this each year, our children will learn the true meaning of this season.  

Doilies, where is the best place to get them?  I need at least 12.   They are pretty pricey at Jo Anns.   Would I have better luck at thrift stores?  I want to make a super cute table runner that I pinned on pinterest a while back for the new table.  

Speaking of new table, I am so in love.  It is huge.  Like takes up half of our living area but no worries, it is worth it.   While we were at IKEA yesterday, I looked at the chairs we eventually want to get and they were so comfy.  Had they had them in stock, I may have been tempted to take a few home with me.  

Yesterday, Jeremy and I went on our first date sans kids since Brighton was born.  It only took us 4 whole months.   We went to Lucille's BBQ for lunch and it was so worth it!  A few people had told us that it was over priced but I disagree.  You get what you pay for and their food was AMAZING.  We will definitely be going back which is a good thing since I don't normally like BBQ.   After Lucille's we hit up IKEA, I love that place.  It is a shame it is a far drive but that might also be a good thing.  We got a new high chair for Brighton, a train set for Eldon, and a few other little odds and ends.  We also got plates for the kiddos since theirs are falling a part and they like to have their own special plates.  My favorite thing is the high chair and it was only $14.99.  Seriously, where else are you going to find an awesome high chair for that price brand new.  
I love onion straws



Well I think that is all.  Later today, I am taking Brighton back to the doctor to discuss reflux meds.  I meant to do it at her 4 month last week but it totally slipped my mind.  I guess that is what happens when you take all 3 kids to the doctor on your own.   It is time, I have been putting it off, hoping she would get better but it is getting worse and worse by the day.

Have a wonderful Monday.

1 comment :

  1. Ooh, I'm going to have to take a closer look at that Jesse Tree devotional! So jealous of your IKEA visit! I love, love, love that store! What chairs are you looking at getting??

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...