Thursday, October 17, 2013

Instafriday--10.17.2013

This week has been a hard one.  I am struggling with the kids.  Brighton challenges me in a way the big 2 never did at this age.  But don't worry, they are making up for it challenging me now that they are older.   I feel like I am always 2 steps behind them.   The house is a mess, I am constantly forgetting things, and most of all I am exhausted.   A while back, before Brighton was born, I started getting up an hour earlier than normal to shower, get ready for the day, and if I was lucky, have some quiet time with God to start my day out right.  But getting up before the kids is really hard for me, I don't like the mornings.  Jeremy knows not to take anything I say growl at him seriously.   But the kids caught on to my routine and for the last 2 weeks they have been getting up with me.  It has been starting my day off horrible.  Because I am selfish, I want my nice long hot shower to be uninterrupted, I want to be able to get dressed without the kiddos asking a thousand questions about my wonderful postpartum body.  I want so many things, but the one thing I need the most, I forget about the easiest.   I need my quiet time, but most of all I should want my quiet time with God more than my hot shower or uninterrupted dressing time.   Instead I am so frazzled and worn out that by the time I think about sitting down to read my bible, I just don't.  Instead I choose to loose myself in blog reading and social media.  Not good.  So tomorrow, even though I am sure it will be the same old song and dance as the last few days, I am not going to open up feedly, instagram, or facebook until I have filled myself up another way.  Because I don't need to get lost to make things better, I need to turn it over.  I need to give it to the One who can handle it far better than I can.

Whoops that was a little deeper than my usual Instafriday post, but that's okay.   So without further ado here is our week in pictures.

Oh wait I have to tell you about nap time for Brighton today.  It involved her in the swing, with the music and mobile going, music on the iPad, blower dryer on the white noise machine aka my phone, pacifier in her mouth, and me swinging the swing harder anytime she so much as flinched.... but it worked.  I got a wonderful, much needed 2 hour break and I got to finish Dee Henderson's latest book.  Which was really good by the way, it is making me want to go back and reread the O'Malley series for the 100th time.

Bumbo time for the Little Miss

Um, we needed stuff from Costco, Jeremy suggested getting the kiddos a treat, I suggested something much better

Hanging out at the pumpkin patch


Trying oh so hard to roll over.

My girls

These dogs are saints when it comes to the kiddos, everything else, not so much.

As I mentioned above the kiddos have been waking up super early.  Brighton isn't hungry but she wants to nurse back to sleep.  This morning I was already in the process of pumping so that wasn't possible.  Instead I turned on the blow dryer and finished pumping/getting ready for the day.  She was out right after I took this picture and went back to sleep for another hour.  

Well that is all I have on this late Thursday night!  I think I should probably head to bed.

Happy Friday!

Linking up with

2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for sharing Savanna. I am totally in the same place! Having three kids is HARD! I have been trying, and failing miserably, to start my day in the Word lately. I need to stop trying and just DO it! Thanks for the reminder! We're in this together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for being honest! and i'm sorry it's been a rough few weeks. i dont' know how you do it with all your kids! i am definitely needing to find some quiet alone time and when I do prioritize some time with God. a mentor of my was telling me the other day that so many moms with young kids just say that this is a season and alone and quiet time are rare, which is okay but that we should still be striving for it instead of using it as an excuse. And it is a season and we probably won't get a lot of quiet time, God knows our hearts and that we're trying! :) with that being said I need to try harder!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...