Friday, September 6, 2013

Instafriday--9.6.2013

Tomorrow is Bristol's 4th birthday! I can't believe it. But we are not here to talk about tomorrow. We are here to talk about this week and the story my instagram feed has to tell. We started the holiday weekend with a wonderful surprise... Jeremy had Friday off in addition too Monday so we got him all to ourselves for 4 whole days. A beautiful thing I tell you. If you want to keep up with us you can find me @crazyrandombennetts.

Brighton's many faces at 7 weeks old. Can you believe she is 8 weeks old today? I sure can't. I don't even want to talk about the fact that on Thursday she will be 2 months old. It really is not possible. 

Bristol has been carrying her baby Daphne around more and more each day. We have to turn on music for her when she is fussy, she asks me to rock her when she is trying to do something, and she spends a lot of time in the bouncy seat. Sounds like Miss Brighton, doesn't it? On this particular day I had Brighton stretching out next to me after a long car ride and of course Daphne needed a stretch as well. Note how gigantic Brighton looks next to Daphne. Oh, and that beautiful onesie was hand drawn by one of the ladies at my baby shower. Isn't it beautiful? 


"Mommy you call me princess, princess Bristol". I suggested Princess crazy hair but she didn't like that suggestion. We got this crown in the dollar section at Jo-Ann's. 
At the beginning of summer I was doing a good job at making sure water didn't sit in the pool for more than a day or so. It was staying super clean. Then Brighton was born and we were spending less time out back and water was left in the pool for a long time. So you can imagine the green slime the covered the bottom. Jeremy cleaned it out and the kids asked if we could fill the pool back up with bubbles. For once I was the fun mom and complied. 

Bristol and Brighton were playing on the floor. Bristol turned on music and covered Brighton up. Brighton went too sleep. 

"Mommy I put Blondie in her gate."
We were hanging out outback watching the big kids play and daddy was making my birthday dinner. Smoked salmon.

It had been so long since I had a glass of Moscato. Mmm it was super good and a wonderful birthday treat. 

Me and my little duder. He is so anti picture, it is a miracle I snapped this one. 


Birthday jewelry from my mother in law. I have had my eye on this bracelet for a while, I was so happy to see it in the gift bag. And the earrings, long and turquoise- gorgeous. My mother in law gets me.

My little loves. It was so good to see Brighton smile after the horrible night we had Wednesday. She loves her big brother and sister so much.

My living room is CLEAN!   Oh man was the floor disgusting.   We are trying a new experiment.  We moved all of the big kid toys out of the living room and into the toy box in Bristol's room.  I left the toy bins out there so we have an area for them as the slowly make their way back out.

This 10 day forecast makes me laugh.  It has pretty much looked like this for the last 2 weeks and we have still hit 105-108 degrees everyday.   I think they are smoking crack at the Weatherbug place.  

Well that was our week according to my phone.  It was a really rough night Wednesday, but you know what, Brighton made up for it Thursday.  We went to MOPs in the morning.  I was like the only one who left my baby in the nursery, but that is okay because I needed a break from her and that is what the awesome nursery workers are there for.  She wont be damaged by me leaving her with someone else for 2 hours every other week.   And then we came home and got back on or regular schedule.  Today Miss Brighton was all about giving us smiles and little coos.   It was the day we needed to recover.  To get our feet back under us. 
Do you have any fun plans this week?  Sunday we are heading to the beach for the first half of Bristol's birthday celebration and Monday we are headed to the San Diego Zoo.  I can't wait for this fun little weekend with my little family.  

Linking up with

4 comments :

  1. What a great week. Happy Birthday! Your kids are so cute. The pics of the girls together are just so sweet. And, Ridgecrest?!?! Holy cow! We just moved to Wisconsin (in Nov) from Lancaster! That's crazy. I do NOT miss those high temps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE your living room! happy birthday to bristol! and that picture of them laying on the floor is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your sweet little Bristol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it's already Bristol's birthday!! Where did August go?!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...