Monday, September 2, 2013

A birthday card

I am sure on every blog you read today people are saying that can't believe it is September 1st already. Well I really can't. September is one of my favorite months because of my birthday. But I can remember almost 4 years ago I was hating this week. I was 49 weeks pregnant and had been stuck at my progress level for 3 weeks. We had just scheduled my induction and I thought for sure Bristol would be coming on my birthday. My brother in law, who I share a birthday with, was hoping she would be born on the 3rd too, but I selfishly wanted my birthday to stay my special day. Now four years later I wonder why I was so crazy to keep my day. Bristol was born on the 7th. But I love how close our birthdays are now. It makes for a special bond between us. I love that she keeps telling me happy birthday everyday because she knows we have to get past my birthday to have her birthday.

This is the birthday card my in laws gave me.  I hope you take your time to read it because it is the stupidest card in the world but it is hilarious.  

We have been back in California for 2 years all ready. A lot of good has come from this but I still don't understand why God moved us even if I wanted to leave Colorado really bad. I feel like he was calling us away for a few reasons the main one was for a new church home that we could get really involved in but 2 years later we still don't have a church. But we do get to see family almost every week.

Jeremy started doing the Insanity DVD workouts last Monday and he asked if I wanted to do them with him. I laughed! I get enough of a workout watching him sweat. And since he normally never gets tired during a workout and this thing kicks his butt I am pretty sure I wouldn't make it more than 5 minutes. Speaking of working out, I think it is time I get back to running. I miss it. I am still a little sad that I only did 116 miles out of the 120 miles I wanted to do while pregnant but I am happy Brighton decided to come out of my belly because I was beyond done.

I am having a really hard time staying fueled for breastfeeding this time around. It is definitely effecting Brighton, making her very fussy and she is hungry more often. I thought maybe it was because I wasn't getting enough protein since I eat a vegetarian diet most days but today I had a hamburger for lunch and salmon for dinner but I am still have a gnawing hunger tonight. I am not sure what is up. I am drinking tons of water and eating regularly but I am still missing something. I almost feel like sometimes I am eating to healthy. Hopefully this stops soon because I don't like to work out when I am feeling this way since I feel like I am already lacking in calories so I don't want to burn more.
This little girl is trying very hard to grow up.  She has been rolling belly to back since about 3/4 weeks but this week she has been rolling from her back onto her side.  I keep telling her she is NOT allowed to make it onto her belly just yet because she is ONLY 7 weeks old but lets face it, she doesn't listen. I am so not ready for the rolling stage yet, I remember with Eldon once he learned to roll both ways he would roll across the living room.   Bristol, well she crawled before she learned to roll over which was nice because she was not mobile for 6 whole months!

Jeremy takes such good care of me.  He is always doing things he knows I love like making up the bed, washing dishes, hanging laundry, and spoiling me by making home made biscuits. The list is endless and the things may see small but it means a lot to me because by making the bed up it shows that he paid attention to the fact that I love to get into a made bed.

Jeremy offered to take me to Kern River Brewing Company for a birthday lunch but I asked for a rain check.  I am worn out from mowing this morning and just don't feel like going anywhere right now but normally I would jump at the chance to get out of the house.   My hermitness is in full effect today.

This weekend was nice and long, the way I like them. I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend as well.

Happy Monday!



1 comment :

  1. that is crazy that she is rolling to her side! addilyn rolled from her belly to her back once but i think it was a fluke - i hope it was because I'm not ready for her to be rolling!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...