Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It is hot in here

It is freaking hot here!  Okay well that is not true it is just hot in my house.  It has actually only been around 97 degrees this week so when I go outside I am enjoying it but the house has been hovering around 88-90 because of the humidity.  We have all been miserable especially Little Miss Brighton who wont nap when she is hot.

So that being said I have gotten dressed like 3 times this week and only took a picture once.  I have had intentions of getting dressed and made up much more than that but I haven't because I hate putting on makeup when I know I am going to sweat it all off.  And if I am not putting on makeup why bother getting dressed at all?   Today I pulled on a new pair of jeans with a cute plain tank, did my hair and make up, but by the time Jeremy got home to take pictures, I was so hot that I was already changed into sleeping clothes.






Necklace//Beads by Cathy
Top//Target
Jeans//Gift
Shoes//Target
I got this top at Target a few weeks back and I absolutely love it.   It has longer than normal sleeves for Target and I love its "loose" fit.   You cannot tell from this picture but it is a hi/lo style so it covers my butt area nicely.  It is super comfortable and if I could find it in my size in any other color, I would totally scoop it up.  

Shall we just talk about Target's lack of cute clothing choices these days.  Maybe it is just me but I am having a harder and harder time finding stuff there.  Either it is these hideous cropped neon tops or dresses/skirts/shorts that if you sneeze it will all fall out and seriously no one wants to see that.  Why can't they offer cute clothes that are decent?  

I bought 2 new pairs of jeans this weekend.  I am still not fitting into my normal jeans which is cool since Brighton is only 6 weeks old but I hate wearing my maternity jeans so I bought in between jeans that are cute.   I wanted something cheap since I hope to only be in them a few more weeks so I went to Forever 21.  I don't know if it was the store I was at but they had the like 80 pairs of the same jeans but they only had them in size 26.  Seriously!  Target's selection was okay but I really didn't want to spend $30 on a pair of jeans for a few weeks.  Its not a lot of money but still it seemed like a lot for an in-between pair of jeans.  Finally I ended up at Ross with my Mother In Law.  They had a really good selection and I was able to find 2 pairs for $27 total.  I was stoked.   You should probably know that I have a really hard time shopping at places like Ross, Marshall's, and TJ Maxx because they are so cluttered and disorganized.  It overwhelms me.  And since I already hate to shop I avoid these places like the plaque.  But after my Saturday night trip I might be convinced to go back again.  

I have been fighting my allergies since Saturday.  They were at their worst on Sunday so Jeremy swooped in and saved the day.  He took care of the kids and the house and let me have a sick day.  I took like 3 naps and laid on the couch all day. It was a huge help and I felt a million times better Monday morning when he had to go back to work. 

I am kind of itching to chop my hair off again.   I know, I know I swore I wasn't going to do it a while back but it is annoying the crud out of me.  It is at that phase where it is just hugging my neck and in the 110 degree weather this is so not cool.  So I have been throwing it up more and more and if it was short again this wouldn't be possible.   I know once it gets about an inch longer it wont be such a big deal but for now I need to either get over my hatred for the mom-pony-tail or chop it off.   We shall see what happens.  Am I the only crazy one who gets an idea in their head to chop off their hair one day and it is gone the next?

We didn't end up moving Brighton this weekend.  A lot of it had to do with Eldon fighting off his allergies as well and us not wanting to interrupt his sleep but we also forgot to put the camera up in her room Friday before he went to bed.  So the plan is to do it this Friday.  I don't want to do it on a night where Jeremy has to go to work the next morning because I want to have his help for the first few days.

Has anyone made their own nursing bra/tanks? Did you feel a lot more supported? I found this tutorial and I am dying to try it with my bras.  I found a couple of tank tutorials but I didn't like that they basically leave you without straps since I usually use my undershirts for extra support.  So I think I am going to mess around with making my own because I really don't like the ones you buy.  First I need to order the nursing bra clasp and get a few more camis.  

I think I am going to try and get a work out in since I am feeling almost all better and I have really been itching to exercise.   

Happy Wednesday

Linking up with



pleated poppy

2 comments :

  1. I'm loving the colour of your top. I don't own anything even remotely near that colour. I think that needs to change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this heat wave! It is so hot! I was just thinking the same thing about Target's lack of cute clothing recently. I figured I was in a funk because I didn't like anything, but I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...