Monday, July 15, 2013

Introducing Brighton Ann

On Friday our little family of 4 grew to 5.   Brighton Ann was born at 9:27 am weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs, 12 oz, my biggest baby to date by a whole pound.   After having to stay in the hospital a little longer than anticipated because her blood sugar was low we are home and bonding as a family.  By bonding I mean, the kids are showing Brighton just how a normal day around here works-- screaming, fighting, not listening, and lots of whining.  
 

Daddy was really tired, this was my most stressful birth yet and it didn't include our usual rest period.  
 

After paying Brighton attention for all of 3 minutes he wanted to play trains.  

Bristol was much more interested in our newest little girl.  

An attempt at a family picture.   Eldon kept saying "trains, trains"

My goals for tomorrow, other than making us all look presentable and getting out of the house by 8:30 a.m. for Brighton's appointment, are to write my birth story, take more pictures, and try to just enjoy these first few days.  

I am sure by next Monday my usual random thoughts post will return and be focused entirely around how much I have forgotten about newborns.  

1 comment :

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...