Thursday, July 11, 2013

Instagram: A calm week

Spoiler alert: we welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world this morning, Brighton Ann.
Now onto my original post.


Another week has passed and I am still pregnant. Which I think is exactly how I started my Friday instagram post last week. Okay maybe not how I opened it but I am sure if I reread it I would have complained about still being pregnant somewhere in there. My instagram feed has kind of slowed down lately. Mostly because I am too tired to remember to capture these every day moments. I am also slacking on capturing a picture each day for 365. Taking pictures right now takes way to much energy, I would much rather sit with my feet up and watch the world pass me by. Soon, hopefully very soon, things will get more active around these parts again until then lets see what my phone has to show for this week. If you want to follow along in real time you can find me @crazyrandombennetts.

Last Friday Bristol and Jeremy were out and about for the day so I got to have a little one on one time with my special little dude. It was a much needed mommy and Eldon day. I really need to make a point to spend more one on one time with the kiddos.

 
Bristol had to sleep on the floor this weekend while we were at my parents because I didn't feel like taking down the play pin in our room to take with us and my sister only had one extra but Eldon was jealous and insisted on sleeping on the floor with her.  So the whole play pin thing was pointless.   Normally when we are away from home the kiddos wake up around 4:30-5 which is way early for them but on this particular day they woke up at 6:30 and that was only because Jeremy's alarm on his phone went off.  So note to self, if I want my kiddos to sleep a decent amount of time when we are away from home I need to just put them in a bed together.  Apparently they are each others security blanket.  


My feet swelled up so bad on our way home Sunday that I couldn't walk on them.  I guess being on my feet a lot at the party, plus going to Target and Costco on our way home, visiting my brother which is a lot of walking, and sitting in the car for 4 hours was not a smart idea.   It ended with me crying while I had my feet wrapped in hot towels and Jeremy running around trying to do both the job of dad and mom.  As Jeremy pointed out, I push myself way to hard, way beyond my breaking point and most days I can still take on more but sometimes like when I am 38 1/2 weeks pregnant it is too much.   I need to give myself a break.
We have been eating omelets for dinner almost every night recently.  Something about lots of veggies and very little prep wins every time.  In fact I think we should have them again tonight.

When the weather finally get under 116 degrees it allows us to finish up a few projects instead of sitting under the swap cooler vent with 3 fans pointed at us cursing the heat.    And by under 116, it was only a 107 on Wednesday and today the high was 88 degrees.  We shall call that a cold front.
  
Mint + Gold=hopefully "meet the baby nails!".  If I end up making it till Wednesday I will probably have to redo them because of chipping.  

I am loving my new Target sandals.   I have had them on my I dream of Pinterest board ever since I saw them in this post over at Little Miss Momma but since they were online only I really didn't think I would ever get them.  Target's shipping is expensive, well I think anything other than free shipping is expensive.  But a few weeks back when I was ordering all of the online only baby stuff I threw these in my cart as well since I had already qualified for the free $50 shipping.  The only down side was when they got here they were a little small, but no fear I returned them and reordered them with my Target Red Debit card that we signed up for recently because I got free shipping and 5% off.   Yep I sound like a Target commercial.  I love that place and cry a little every day that it takes me 1 1/2 hours to get to one.   

I got another pedicure.   I really don't think you can have a baby without pretty toes.  I have never tried it but something about greeting our newest little addition with happy feet makes me giddy.   This time I even got a pretty design.   If you haven't notice this is like my favorite color and can be found many places in my house like on the TV stand and growth chart.  

Now that I have typed this post it doesn't seem like a slow week but I still feel like it was a nice calm week after our busy week of family last week.   

Am I the only one that thinks a pedicure is a must have before labor?   Anyone else obsessed with this particular color of teal?

I hope y'all are having a happy Friday.  

Linking up with 
life rearranged

3 comments :

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! She's lovely! The swollen feet were worth it, weren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for baby! Congratulations!
    Whitney @ work-it- mommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Target debit card is the best thing ever! And I actually just bought those sandals at my local store. They were 50% off because they were an online return! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...