Sunday, July 21, 2013

Baby pictures with a few random thoughts thrown in there




I think we have another Daddy's girl on our hands.

Warning: it has become all about baby around these parts. Just like for the last 9 months it has been all about pregnancy. I have a few recipes to share with you and a nursery reveal-- oh wait that is all about baby again. So you get the point I am in the dreamy newborn stage and loving every second of it. I should probably throw some big kid love in there as well but they are just as smitten with their new little sister as mommy and daddy are.  Well one of them is the other, it is all about the trains. 

I may have failed at my goal to actually enjoy Brighton's pregnancy but I feel like I am savoring these newborn days. There are times I have to force myself to put her down because I just cannot get enough of her. She is so precious. I think it may be because I don't really feel like we knew her when she was in my tummy. That is definitely the one disadvantage to not finding out the gender, it doesn't make it as real. You can't call the baby by name, you can't imagine your future little boy or girl but at the same time you get to dream about both. I don't regret not finding out because it made my pregnancy less real if that makes any sense it made it harder to put a name or face on but during this season of our lives with everything that has gone on over the last 2 years with my brother and just the general stress of life, i think I needed it. But I am definitely making up for the lack of womb bonding now. Now, like I said, I just stare at her. I don't want to put her down because she will grow and change. But on the same hand I can't wait to watch her grow, is she going to become another Michelin baby like Bristol was or is she going to be a skinny little thing like Eldon. I am so in love with her. I know I'm turning into a big gush. But if you could snuggle her you would totally be a gush as well. You wouldn't want to put her down either.


 
I am still having a hard time writing her birth story. I have all the facts and times and what not down but I just can't write it in a way that feels natural. Maybe because it didn't really feel natural. I don't know. I doubt anyone out there is really dying to hear about my failed epidural and the fact that with my 3rd I actually had to feel the real pains of labor but it is something I want to share mostly because this is a blog about my family. One day I will even print out every year of this blog so the kiddos can see it when they grow up since I am still stuck on month 10 of Bristol's first year scrap book and I have absolutely no pictures printed out of Eldon. So I want them to be able to see that yes in fact I did catalog their lives somewhere.

My face, well it is starting to go back to normal at least a little bit. My right eye is pretty uncomfortable from lack of blinking and my cheek bone is pretty sore so I am hoping that this means it will return to normal soon.

I cannot get enough cereal these days, for a girl who hates cereal this is just plan weird.  Right now I am still loving the cinnamon toast crunch but honey nut cheerios will do in a pinch.  The only thing I am not lovin' is the milk.  It does not agree with my stomach at all.
Trains are still much more interesting than baby sister.


Her hair has been out of control lately.  Not really sure I am even going to be able to tame it since I am almost 27 years old and still can't manage to get mine under control.

Little Miss is already outgrowing her newborn stuff.  We are squeezing her into the last little bit of diapers we have before opening up the size 1 box and she is stretching the new born onesies quiet a bit these days.   I guess this is what happens when they come out at almost 9 pounds.

I think that is all I have tonight. But I think I showered you with enough Brighton love for now.  

Until next time. 




2 comments :

  1. Oh she is SO beautiful!! I am super nervous to be pregnant again but I know I will want to have a tiny baby in the home again... so precious!
    I DO want to hear your birth story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is adorable, congrats! and tell that story...every mom deserves to share her birth story...it's hard work and should be bragged about (and i know all about the failed epidural!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...