Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Morning Glory Muffins

I should probably start out this post saying that I rarely modify recipes or come up with my own.  My brain does not think that way.   If I do modify its because I ran out of something or because I read the directions wrong.  Which totally happened with these muffins but I love the end results.

Also I should warn you, I am a King Arthur Flour snob.  I only use King Arthur.  Currently we go through about 10 pounds of the whole wheat variety and 7.5 pounds of the white variety every 2 weeks.   We like to make things from scratch.   And a lot of my recipes come from the King Arthur website.

I am adding to this post after the fact.  Jeremy informed me I didn't add why I love these muffins.  What is not to love about them-- carrots, zucchini, coconut all wrapped up in a beautiful, delicious carb package that is whole wheat to boot.   I love baked goods... cookies and cakes are okay but if you put something like these muffins, banana bread, cinnamon rolls, or danish in front of me--I will not resist.   These muffins are perfect for a snack in my opinion because they totally fill you up without leaving you feeling weighted down.  Although I am sure they have contributed to a lot of my pregnancy weight gain.  


Morning Glory Muffins
Adapted from King Arthur Morning Glory muffins recipe.

1/2 cup raisins or 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 craisins
2 cups whole wheat King Arthur Flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 handfuls baby carrots, shredded
1 zucchini, peeled and shredded
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 nuts (walnuts)
3 eggs
2/3 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons water

Preheat over to 375.

Soak raisins or raisins/craisins mixture in hot water

I use my food processor to shred my zucchini and carrots.
 Place all of the ingredients in mixing bowl and stir until completely combined.

Grease muffin pan or use cupcake holders.
 Measure out mixture into muffin pans.  As you can see they will be full.

 Bake @375 for 23 minutes or until toothpick or butter knife comes our clean.
I immediately remove them from the pan because I don't want them to cook any longer.  


Enjoy one while they are still warm from the oven or maybe 2.

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...