Thursday, April 25, 2013

Popular Post Widget CSS for Blogger

So I spend way to much time messing around with the layout on my blog.  It is something I really enjoy doing and if I were to ever go back to school... web design would be my choice of study.

Anyways, am I the only one who can't stand how the popular post widget looks from Blogger?   I like the general idea of it but the fact that the title is partially on the thumbnail image makes it look super tacky.
While there are a whole lot of different options out there if you want to mess with the look completely I wanted to keep it the same just fix the horrible spacing problem.So after searching Google for hours and messing out the html in my blog I have a quick fix.
Apply the following code in the css box.  Template>customize>advance>add css


#PopularPosts1 {
color:#000000;
font-size:10pt;
padding-left:20px;
}
.popular-posts .item-thumbnail img {
padding-top: 0px;
padding-bottom: 0px;
padding-right: 20px;
padding-left: 0px;
}


Obviously change out the color and font size for whatever you prefer for you blog.  But there you go.

I hope I saved you 2 hours!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...