Monday, April 22, 2013

Canvas Night Light

Instead of my usual Monday brain dump post, I finally am posting about the canvas night light.  




This project has been a long time coming.  When I first joined Pinterest, one of the first things I pinned was this picture.

I loved the idea.  Mostly because it is a cool, stylish way to have night lights in the kiddos rooms along with them being a decoration at the same time.   



My star-burst pattern isn't quite as cool!


For Fuss' room I went with a deep purple. And then I used a leather punch to punch out the holes for the lights.


For Eldon's room I wanted the lights to be a little darker.  He likes the room pretty dark when he is falling asleep.  So I painted the cavas and then stuck the lights behind the canvas without any of them poking through.   

I love how his turned out.  It is my favorite.  


The unlit version of Bristol's.

My how too:

White canvas.  Pick your size.  I used 24x36
 

I used a toliet paper roll to make the circles on Eldon's.  I love how they didn't turn out perfectly.  If you want perfect circles I would suggest using something like a cookie cutter.

For Bristol's I used a sharpie to mark where I wanted the holes and then I used a leather punch to make them. If I was going to make another I would do the holes first and then paint the canvas that way the holes were the same color.  

To keep the lights in place I used a hot glue gun and glued the lights to the back of the canvas.  On certain parts I glued the cord and then other parts I glued the lights.

Here is the back view of Eldon's

With Bristol's I stuck the lights threw the hole and then put a tiny bit of glue between the canvas and light.


For the supplies I used:
2. Spray paint, white craft paint, and a toilet paper roll
3.Bridal lights--Since I did the project after Christmas I used bridal light which can be found in the wedding section at any craft store.  They are also called floral lights
4.  A glue gun
 Overall it was really fun project.  It took me a while to finish it because I ran into pregnancy laziness. I am really happy with how they turned out.

Now I just need to get on top of all the other projects we need to get done before this baby makes an appearance in 12 weeks.  

What do you think?

1 comment :

  1. What a great idea! I have seen these on pinterest, I just thought it was a part piece. Never though they could have function as a night light. I love how your turned out! Thank you so much for linking up this week! Hope you can join the party again.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...