Monday, April 15, 2013

Brain Dump Monday: Bristol, beauty products, and general randomness

I know I explained why Eldon was having his adenoids put on my usual Friday post but I really didn't explain why Bristol is having her tonsils and adenoids out.  Bristol snores a lot, like you can hear her through out the whole house no baby monitor is need to know when she is sleeping.   She is also a very restless sleeper, a mouth breather, very noisy eater, and has bad breather no matter how often we brush her teeth.  With the snoring and sleep alone we knew it was a possibility that she would need to get her tonsils out but we were planning to talk to the doctor about it at her 4 year check up in September.  So when we went back to the doctor a couple of weeks ago for Eldon and she recommended a ENT consultation for him we mentioned all of Bristol's symptoms.  She suggested we make an appointment for Bristol at the same time just to see what was going to happen.   Sure enough she definitely is in need of surgery.  We are also hoping that after the surgery her sleep patterns will get a little better.   She has always been an awesome sleeper but recently she is only sleeping 8-9 hours a night and waking up super tired.   Hopefully the surgery will get her back to her usual 12 hours of sleep and that they will be really good restful hours.  

One of the hardest parts about working out when pregnant is listening to your body when it says no. Friday I was all set to run but as the day wore on I was feeling every one of my 26 weeks. My body was telling me no but I was still longing for that run. I listened and didn't run but it was hard. Cutting myself some slack sometimes makes me feel like I am being lazy and just coming up with excuses but sometimes I do need to be lazy every once in a while because that is what the baby needs that day.  Thankfully I was able to run last night.  And it felt wonderful.  

Last week I had to let my house work go a little.  This is kind of hard for me.  I like having a clean house.  And we all know I am a freak about schedules so I even have a house cleaning schedule.  But because we were gone Thursday for the kiddos doctors appointments and I was really worn on Monday and Tuesday my usual stuff didn't get done.  Guess what!  It wasn't the end of the world.  Yeah, it made for a little more work on Friday but Jeremy was here to help.   And since we will be running to doctors appointments for the next couple of weeks, I am sure it is going to become a habit.  

The wind has been so crazy lately.  There was only like 2 days last week when it wasn't blowing.  And it looks like we are in for just as windy of a week this week.  Its kind of a bummer because the kids get trapped in the house and start going stir crazy.  But with gust between 30-50 mph it is not an option to play outside.

I thought I would share a few beauty products I have been trying out over the last couple of weeks.  
I am loving these 2 products.  Both which I read about in the blog world.  This sunscreen is wonderful.  I love that it is not oily. I wear it under my makeup every day and I feel like you really cant tell I have it on but it is providing my skin relief from the bright sun here in the desert.  BB Cream.  I kept reading about this "miracle" cream and I was wanting to try it but I wasn't willing to get one of the fancy brands for something I wasn't sure would work.  So when I ran out of my usual Mary Kay powder I decided it wouldn't hurt to try a BB Cream from Walgreens and reviews said this was the best drugstore version.  I was looking for something that was light but would even me out.  This stuff does exactly what I want it to do.  Along with leaving my skin with a glow.   Jeremy keeps telling me I look younger. A lot of the reviews I read on it complained that the cream only comes in 2 color shades but I don't find that a problem since I have light skin.   I feel like this blends well.  It does take a little while to dry completely but that is probably because of the moisturizer and sunscreen underneath it.  Maybe when this one is gone I will try one of the fancy brands but it will be a while because I use a pea size to cover my whole face.  
I am still not sure if this is for me.  Or at least this brand.   Right now I currently wash my hair every other day but I want to start stretching it out because it is drying out really bad because of the desert climate and my love of the curling iron and straightener.  I don't really feel like it drys up the oils like it is supposed to.  Maybe I am not using enough but I had to wash my hair on day 4 but it was feeling so yucky on day 3, I wore it up.   Hopefully after a couple more weeks or just trying a different brand I will find one I like but I don't think this version is for me.  

Well I should probably get off the computer and get may day started since we are already running behind because they kids woke up about 20 minutes later than normal.  

Do you have a dry shampoo you absolutely love?  Or does it still leave you hair feeling dirty?

Anyone else have a hard time "letting" go of their house work?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...