Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Brain dump: Getting out of my funk

I love when the kids just randomly tell me "love you mommy".  It makes my whole day.  And I thank God every time because it makes my heart so happy.  Some days are just hard but other days are awesome.

Is my son the only one who thinks his undies are a good place to keep his matchbox cars?  Oh good, we are the only one with a little boy like this.
 
My mom mentioned that I seem kind of down lately on the blog.  It's true, I have been in a horrible funk and so has Jeremy.  Normally we don't get in a rut together but I am thankful that we have God at the center of our marriage because he is what has been holding everything together these last few weeks while we have been looking everywhere but to Him.    The Boston Marathon bombings brought things into perspective for me.   I know we live in a bad world but to see something like that reminded me that it is true.   And if I believe the bible which I totally do, it is only going to get worse.  Because we are not meant to stay in this world. And because as long as free will exist so will evil.   So I asked myself, why am I living for this world?  Why am I stressing about temporary things when I have an amazing God in front of me?  Why do I turn away from God when I know I should be running to him?  Well that's because my heart has been very needy of the world lately and I know its not right.  So instead of talking to God about my heart and letting him change it, I have been trying to do it on my own. Boy! Does that not work at all.  All that was happening was me dwelling on everything, making it much worse than things truly are which was depressing me quiet a bit.  Since last Monday I have been talking to God every time my heart starts to run-a-muck.  I have been giving it all to him, I would like to pretend that I give it to him once and don't take it back but that is a big fat lie.  Sometimes I give him the same thing 5 times in an hour or once a day.  And you know what, nothing has changed for our circumstances but I have my contentment back, I have peace, and my funk is gone.  Because I finally started focusing back on God.  When my funk started coming back Saturday, I got of the couch, stopped dwelling on the problems and gave them to God then I went and cleaned out our storage boxes.   Moral of the story.... Savanna has a hard time giving her problems over to God even though time and time again things are always better once I do. Sometimes the problems are solved other times it just learning to be content in this season of life.

In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal gory by means of Christ Jesus.  
So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, 
and strengthen you, 
and he will place you on a firm foundation.
1 Peter 5:10

We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.
Proverbs 16:9

I feel like this post needs a picture so lets go with a few throwbacks!
Eldon, January 2012
Bristol, June 2010

I can't wait to have a squishy little baby again!  I wonder if this one will have all those little rolls.  



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...