Wednesday, April 17, 2013

27 weeks

My feet are swelling up so much this pregnancy.  The only time they are normal size is after I run.  I am a weirdo whose feet shrink during a run instead of expanding like normal people.

Monday I go for my monthly appointment and get to drink the wonderful gestational diabetes drink.  I don't mind the drink much, its how gross it makes me feel afterwards that bothers me.  I am hoping the doctor does an ultrasound because I have been having lots of nightmares... I mean dreams about twins lately.  Not that I would mind twins but finding out this late in the game would so not be cool.  I doubt it is possible but we still have gotten a very clear shot of the baby.   And I was measuring big last month.  The good news is that in most of my dreams we have boy/girl twins so Bristol would definitely be happy about getting her girl.   I think also that after this I will start seeing the doctor every 2 weeks because I hit the 3rd trimester next Wednesday but its been like 2 1/2 years since I was pregnant so I forget these things.

I am really starting to notice the belly.  Like up until this week I would kind of forget it was there but this week it no longer moves out of my way.   Every time I bend over I bump into it.  Stretching after my run is quite interesting.

Sleep.  Is great.  We are sleeping with the swamp cooler on because it is way to windy here to have the windows open and I am really enjoying the freezing cold.  Just don't tell Jeremy.  Oh wait... he reads this.  But I do sleep with my down comfort at my feet then I pull it up somewhere around 3 or 4.  Whenever I wake up to start my morning pee runs.

Yoga.  I am going to suck it up and do the annoying get-in-touch-with-your-baby-because-FYI-did-you-not-know-you-are-pregnant video tomorrow.  My hips are getting super tight and it is making my runs interesting.  I will probably do it with the volume off though.

Oh yeah, I run with the swamp cooler on too.  Here is the thing, I like to exercise, actually I kind of love it because of how it makes me feel when I am done but I cannot stand to be hot when I exercise.  Am I the only one?  I hate going to gyms because they are always hot and stuffy.  I don't see how people can work out in that environment   So when I run, I usually have the ceiling fan on, a small fan pointing at my face, a box fan pointing at my back, and then window open.  Since the wind is going all out right now I have eliminated the window and box fan and have gone straight to the swamp cooler and only 2 fans.   Anyways the whole point of the long explanation was to say it kicked off tonight, I didn't realize it, and I was dying.  But I ran 3.55 miles!  So close to the 4 mile mark.  Will I make it before July? Is it possible I will hit the 5 mile mark?  Probably not because all the shows I watch are only like 42 minutes long and I don't think I can do 5 miles in 42 minutes therefore I would get bored and get off the treadmill.


Top: Old Navy Maternity
Cardigan: Target Maternity
Jeans:  Old Navy Maternity

Can I just say I love this picture!  Bristol has been asking to take the picture with me for the last couple weeks now but this time Eldon had to get in on the action.   I think it is so cute.   I just wish he was looking at the camera.  All 3 of my kiddos

Look, my feet!

So for my fashion this week.  Apparently I was going with the black look!   The funny thing is I got dressed 2 other days as well and forgot to take pictures.  Those days my color scheme was white and pink.  I clearly don't have much range in this whole fashion thing and if I had 3 or 4 more white maternity tops I would probably just live in white all the time and change out my cardigan like I do with my non prego fashion.
Tank and Cardigan:Target
Jeans: Burlington Coat Factory
Shoes: Tom's-what else would I wear?

Top-Target
Jeans-Burlington Coat Factory
Shoes- Toms

I swear these are 2 different black shirts.  


Shall I keep it real?  This was my outfit Friday   I was so worn out from being gone all day Thursday and I was doing major catch up cleaning there was no way I was wearing jeans all day again.  

I am linking up with the Pleated Poppy.

pleated poppy

1 comment :

  1. That picture of all 3 (4!) of you is so cute, you look amazing!
    And I love that striped cardigan, I lived in cardigans when I was pregnant.
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...