Monday, March 4, 2013

Birthday party, potty training updates, and me whining

Tonight's run sucked!   Which makes me sad.   I was cramping within 4 minutes of starting.  Which hasn't happened before. I know that I am almost 21 weeks pregnant and should expect a little bit of set backs every once in a while but right at this moment I am feeling like I wont get to run again the pregnancy.   Which just bites.  It probably didn't help that I was breaking in new shoes.  Okay so I will probably be feeling a little less dramatic about it in the morning.  For now I am going to drown my sorrows in chocolate mug cake.
Ignore my leg hair, I can't reach to shave any longer.

Yesterday we went to my nephews second birthday party and it was a lot of fun.  I was really proud of how well behaved and social our kids were.   Especially since they come from 2 antisocial parents.
The birthday boy 


 At first my kids wanted nothing to do with the pinata they only had eyes for the sandbox.


This is the top I made Bristol last week, I am really happy with how it turned out.  This is the pattern I used.


I should have moved so I could get a picture of Eldon's face

*I decided to go to bed at this point and finish this morning

This morning at like 3 am, I felt the need to take the down comforter out of our duvet cover.  I was hot and not sleeping at all and Jeremy was a sweaty mess.  So since I was in desperate need of sleep I did a little redecorating!  I slept peacefully until Jeremy's alarms started going off at 5:30.  Now I need to find a throw for our bed because right around the time Jeremy starts waking up, I start freezing. So he always has to find something to throw on top of me, occasionally it has been my bathrobe.

Potty training.  It is such an interesting thing. No 2 kids are the same and I really don't buy that business that boys are harder to train.  I think it just depends on the kids personality.  Eldon has been completely day trained since some time in November but over the last 2 weeks he has become night trained as well.  And can I tell you how awesome it is to have one kid who never has accidents.  Bristol on the other hand, is peeing her bed ever night.  Even though we wake her up twice before we got to bed.  Usually about 30 minutes after she falls asleep and then again whenever we head to bed.  We are completely out of ideas with her.  We make her clean it up, we have talked to her about it, and we have completely ignored it other than telling her she needs to clean it up.   We even have taken away her beloved blanket for bed time because the thing is falling apart and isn't going to last if it keeps having to go through the washer.  And nothing is working. Jeremy doesn't want to go back to pull ups but I have to say I am sick of the extra load of laundry ever day.  I hope it clicks soon because right now it is just frustrating.

I am still feeling all doomsday about my run last night.  On top of being pregnant and wearing new shoes it probably didn't help that I was painting for a good portion of the day. By the time I got on the treadmill, I was pretty sore.  So hopefully tomorrow when I run things will go more smoothly.  

Well I think I shall read a few blogs, finish my coffee, and get the day started.  Happy Monday.



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...