Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Family pictures

Well I have to say these turned out way better than I expected.  Maybe I should explain a little bit about why I figured they would be a disaster. Mostly because that day was a disaster.  It was the day after Christmas, neither of my kids had had a nap the day before.  They went to bed later than normal and woke up earlier than normal and we weren't at home.  Their schedule was completely off and so was mine plus this whole growing a baby thing is kicking my butt.   From the minute these pictures were scheduled I knew it wasn't going to be a good day.   Christmas was a day of spoiling and I knew the next day would be a day of meltdowns.  And oh boy was it!    Between Bristol refusing to eat and peeing in her pants constantly and then Eldon would flip out if he was more than 5 feet from me or if anyone looked at him.   On top of it all, I had to wake up Eldon from his nap.  The kids does not like to be woken up.  So much so that if we do have to wake him up we send in Bristol.  He is much nicer if she does the waking.  Most days when he wakes up he has to cuddle on my lap for a good 30 minutes before he is ready to do anything.  What can I say, the kid is my mini.   I totally get the waking up slow thing, I respect it, because everyone knows if I don't get to wake up slow I am a bear.    So needless to say both Jeremy and I were exhausted (just look at our eyes), the kids were WAY overstimulated, and they were exhausted as well (look at their eyes).   Plus the pictures were taken outside.   It was all of 40 degrees that day and they wind was whipping.  In between  each picture the kids were throwing there jackets on, while me and Jeremy froze because we left ours at the house accidentally.  Like I said, I didn't have high hopes for these pictures. 

Bristol refused to sit with us.   


Then every time we took Eldon's thumb out of his mouth, she would put her's in her mouth.

This pretty much sums up the whole experience, the kids were doing their own thing and I was to tired and too cold to fight it.


Eldon, get your thumb out of your mouth.  

I think this is the best shot.  But you can tell how tired my boys are.


Eldon just wanted to go back to sleep at this point


Eldon wanted nothing to do with anymore pictures and Brody only wanted his mommy.  


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...