Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday catchup

My blog has been rather quite again these last couple weeks.  Probably because we have been busy, deep cleaning, and sick.   A week ago both Jeremy and I got the flu.  It was a blast :).   Thankfully the kiddos didn't get it.  Then this week I have a nasty cold.  I am super ready to be healthy again.

I received my blood test results back.   My body is having a hard time absorbing folic acid which isn't proven but studies show that it can lead to early miscarriages.  So now I am on 2mg of folic acid in addition to the 1mg that is in my prenatal vitamins.  We shall see what happens.

I am patiently waiting on my new kitchen cabinet locks to get here so I can reorganize my kitchen and use all of the 100 cabinets that we have.  Right now there is nothing breakable in the bottom cabinets because my kiddos are really good at breaking things.

I painted Bristol's room Sunday.  I know, finally right?   It only took 13 months of living in this house to get to it.  Now Bristol is in what used to be the office and Eldon is back in his room.   Here is a little preview of her room.

I still need to get curtains and put a few things on the walls.   After the holidays and Eldon's birthday we are going to move her to a big girl bed.   I need to repaint the headboard and foot board we have and then get a new mattress and bedding.  Right now she wants me to paint her bed pink, I am hoping this will change soon.

Then I will move onto Eldon's room.   Like maybe even considering making his bed a toddler bed.  But probably not because deep down I want to keep him in his crib till he is 18.  I hate the get back in bed battle with Bristol.

I started working on my Christmas presents this week.   The kids quiet books are going to be a lot of work but I think they will love them in the end.  Hopefully I am done with them by the first of December so I can get Daphne's to Italy.


I am miserably failing at homeschooling Bristol.  I just can't seem to find a time that works for us during the day.  I am going to try my hardest to make it work today because my daughter loves learning.

Jeremy and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary Monday.  Well we really didn't celebrate.  We were going to try and go out to dinner last Saturday but we were both still having a hard time eating anything that wasn't saltines, chicken noodle soup or bread.  It would have been a very boring dinner.  So we postponed our anniversary until after Thanksgiving.  Hopefully my cold will be gone by then because I am a miserable sick person.  But can I just say how truly blessed I am to have that man in my life.  He is amazing.  He takes care of me when I am sick.  When he gets home from work he is always more than willing to cook dinner or entertain the kids.  He is such a hands on dad. I know every day how much he loves me because he always tells me.   I may not be proud of who I used to be but I am sure thankful that God put Jeremy in my path when I was that person especially after this year.  This year has been one of the hardest on our marriage.  We have been under so much stress but at the end of the day when the kids are in bed and we have time to talk it gets all better.  He has been there for everything with my brother, he has held me when I told him I was angry with God about the miscarriages, he has reminded me that I need to pray when I feel like my day couldn't possibly get any worse, he has made me smile, he gets me out of the house when I am going crazy, he takes over the house work so I can sit down.   I am such a lucky girl.  

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment :

  1. I always love your blogs! I wish I could be there to homeschool Bristol for you, this is my favorite age and of course I have a million lessons because I've been doing it for 5 years now. Maybe I'll have to start sending you videos and care packages :). One of my tricks (in case you want one, even though you didn't ask) when you don't have time for a "lesson" give her scissors and a picture of a shape to cut out or go to kidzone.com and make her a tracer page of her name and just have her practice tracing letters. Great fine motor skills work!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...