Thursday, October 25, 2012

Beth Moore, Online imaginary friends, and a major picture overload!

With everything that happened last week I totally forgot to tell you about the wonderful weekend I had.   

It started off with this beautiful morning

We were on our way down to Lancaster so Jeremy and the kids could drop me off to see Beth Moore live in person.   

I am a huge Beth Moore fan.  If I am going to do a bible study I always look for a Beth Moore one first.  Everyone of her books I have read and studies I have done have been powerful.  And let me tell you she did not disappoint.  It was an amazing 2 day conference.  I have to say I was having a hard time keeping my focus on the conference because I was thinking about other things.  But I still feel like I got so much from it.

Here is the line going in.

The worship, the speaker, everything was wonderful.  If you ever have a chance to see Beth Moore in person I highly recommend it.  And do one of her studies.  They are amazing.  You will have a deeper relationship with God afterwards. 

One of the best birthday presents ever.  It was a wonderful time with my mother in law.   

On the way home we hit up the garment district in LA.   It was so much fun.  I can't wait to go back again and explore the other side of the street.   
I bought the lace fore these.

I have big plans for that blue lace.


While I was off playing Jeremy was at his brother house.  Here are the boys playing together.
They are definitely going to be trouble makers and heart breakers as they get older.

Bristol wanted to ride in Uncle Jeff and Aunt Tawny's car on the way to meet me.

Sunday we headed down to the Disney area to stay in a hotel so we could meet a very dear friend the next day.  Bristol fell asleep 10 minutes before we got to the hotel.  

Monday morning I didn't have high hopes for a pleasant first meeting.   The kids were exhausted from not easily falling asleep the night before plus not have a nap in like 3 days. I was dreading it.  I was worried about the first impression my kiddos would make on Amy.  But on the way to Downtown Disney their moods started to improve.   

How is it possible that we need this much stuff for a family of 4 for 4 days?  I feel like I have to bring the whole house with use when we leave for more than a night.  

The fact that I packed 5 pairs of shoes probably didn't help right?   I couldn't help it, we left on a day when the high was 60 and on Monday the high was 90.  That requires a few different options.  

Meeting Amy for the first time in person was awesome.  I wish she didn't live in Maryland.   We have so much in common.  Bristol and Shae became fast friends.  I think if we lived near each other these girls would never be apart. 









How do I know Amy if I have never met her in person.  She is one of my online imaginary friends.  She is a Sept 09 mom.  I have an amazing online support system in the Sept 09 moms there are about 50 of us who are very close.  They have been right by my side through everything that has been happening this year.  We share our highs, our lows, and our in between.  They are the first place I go for sick kiddo advice, a good laugh, a place to express my deepest feelings.  I have had the joy of meeting a couple of them and have a desire to meet a lot more of them in person.  Its funny that I met these women when I was looking for advice on how to treat thrush.  

Eldon loved the Ridemakerz store. He was so interested in everything. Maybe we will take him back for his birthday to build his own car. He was also obsessed with all the Mater stuff in the Disney store. He didn't understand why he couldn't have it all. :-)
he doesn't look impressed in this picture but he was.

After we meet up with Amy we headed to Costco, picked up the doggies,and came home.

It was a long 4 days but it was a wonderful 4 days.  




No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...