Friday, August 17, 2012

Last Weekend

I can't believe its already Friday.  It feels like we just got home.   Last weekend we went down to my parents house for a bbq on Sunday, date on Monday, and then Tuesday we visited Willie, hit up costco, picked up the dogs and came home.  It was a long weekend to say the least.  Considering we stayed at Jeremy's parents Saturday so they could keep the dogs for us.

Now comes the photo dump.

Lets start with Sunday.  Bristol is such a fish.  Well both of my kiddos are turning into fishes but Bristol loves to swim and this weekend she decided she wanted to try swimming without her floatie!   NOT OKAY WITH MOMMY!  I was terrified that she would go under and of course she did.  But daddy was right there to pull her back up and she was ready to start all over again.   With help for Jeremy and my dad this little girl will be swimming laps in the pool before we know it.
Eldon insisted on playing in the foot bucket at first





I just realized I do not have any pictures of her without the floatie on that is probably because I was to scared to leave the pool.


Monday
Bristol made my dad go on a run with her.



Monday my parents watched the kids while we headed down to the Desert.  I haven't been down there in like 6 years, it had changed so much.  Our main reason for going down the hill that was was for The Cheesecake Factory.  I had never been there before but we had both heard good things about it.  I definitely wasn't disappointed.   It was super yummy, MUST EAT THERE AGAIN.  

Yep that is me in a dress!

We like to do weird things on our dates like test drive vehicles.  I wanted to see what the new Sequoia was like.  Not that we will ever buy one but I was curious about a couple of the features and how they worked.  It was awesome.  


Stupidly I wore heels on our date, something I never do these days but half way through the night my feet were killing me so we head to the mall for a pair of sandals.  I ended up getting a really cute pair out of the deal.

And wouldn't you know there was a Charming Charlies in the mall.  I had never been to one before and it would have probably been better if I had avoided it.  This has to be my new favorite store. So many earrings.  So many beautiful earrings.  It was amazing.   Its a miracle I only walked out of there with 1 pair since I was eyeing at least 10.   But this was the only pair I just couldn't live with out.  There was one other pair I loved but I couldn't find them in a color I wanted.  *disclaimer- I have an earring addiction, my mother in law feeds it with her beautiful jewelry making skills. Occasionally I feel the need to add a pair of store bought earrings as well.



Monday after our date we headed over to Alice's with the kids so she could see them.   Alice made Eldon's beloved night night. It was really hard for me to take the kids to Alice's not because I didn't want to see her but because I regret that they didn't get to meet her son Walt.   The one time we came to visit with Bristol when she was a baby we never had a chance to get over to Walt's house so he could meet her and then he passed away shortly after that.  I will always regret that.   I will always regret that they didn't get to meet Walt because he was such a special part of my life as a kid.   





Tuesday morning we got up early and went to visit Willie.  This was the first time we took the kids. I wasn't sure in the beginning if I would ever take them to visit him there because I didn't want them to see him like that because its hard.  Its super hard on me.  But he is still my brother and I love him so much.  I want them to still know him.  I don't know if we will take them every time because it was hard to visit and watch the kids at the same time but Tuesday it was the right thing to do.   

I don't know what happened but my children have turned into horrible car riders.  Which really sucks since it takes us at least 1 1/2 hours to get anywhere. They whine, cry, and scream the whole way.  So this was a beautiful sight on our way home. 
 The kids insist on taking there lids of cups when we are in the car, so Jeremy had me tape them this time.  Works like a charm.
 The kiddos were supper happy to be home. 




No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...