Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Phone, Yellow, and Polka Dots!

What about that title is there not to love?  I am in love with the color yellow right now, then add polka dots and I am one happy girl.  I wanted a really cute phone case for my phone but since I am not an iPhone person finding a cute case is impossible.  All that is out there is solid very boring colors.  So when I saw this idea on How to Nest for Less I had to do it.  You take a clear phone case and the scrapbook paper of your choice.   I decided to use Yellow with polka dots.   Its didn't work out very good.  Unlike an iPhone my phone isn't flat on the back which made the paper do funky things.  Jeremy suggested reverse painting.  So we went and bought our supplies.
Also we bought 1/4inch dot labels from Staples.

Next I washed my phone case with dish soap.

Then I started putting the dots on the inside of the case.


view from the outside.

Then we painted the yellow.  I totally forgot to take a picture of that.

Off with the dots.  I used tweezers and my nails to get them off.
Next up, we sprayed the white paint.

 Isn't it beautiful?

All together with drying time it took 24 hours.  But the actual dot placement, removal and painting took all of 30 minutes.   

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...