Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fabric bookshelves

I started this project a while back. It was before Eldon's birthday.  Which means it was before the stomach flu, pneumonia, severe croup, double ear infections, upper respiratory infections, sinus infections, hand foot mouth disease, and last but not least finger infections.  Wow!  What an illness ridden month January and February have been.  I really wanted to get these up before Eldon's birthday party but since most of the illnesses I listed were the week of the party, things did not go as planned.  Oh wait as I was looking for the link to Eldon's birthday party, I came across the infamous restaurant banishment post, how I forgot about that is beyond me!

Anyways back to my fabric bookshelves.  Before I discovered the beauties of Pinterest, I had book marked a tutorial from Penny Carnival.  I loved the idea and swore I was going to do it.  Then we had Eldon which meant we had 2 kids under 2 at the time and just to keep things interesting we decided to move from Colorado to California all with 2 weeks notice.  So without further ado here on my new book shelves.






I couldn't find double curtain rod holders at any stores so Jeremy made them for me.  What do you think of the shelves?  Don't you just love their little reading spot?  I think I need to make a bean bag chair for this area as well.

2 comments :

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...