Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012....

I am really not one for New Years resolutions but there are a few things I want to accomplish this year, first lets look back at last year...
We have made it to a new year!   I am really excited for this year because we get to me our new baby!   I am also excited to see what God has planned for us!   I feel like we are in limbo and I am hoping this year everything will settle down and we will know where we will be for a while!    I am not a New Years resolution type of person but I am a goal setter!   My goal for this year, is to run a marathon!  Its something I have wanted to do since I took up jogging last spring but obviously I cant do it with a baby in my belly!  So once Eldon is born, Jeremy and I are going to pick an event and start training!  I am so excited!  
We did get to meet Eldon Jeremy!  He is such a big part of our lives these days and I couldn't image not having him.  I did run a 5K last year and then life got busy with Jeremy having AT in July and then a few short weeks later we moved to California.  Since then all exercise consistency has gone out the window and I can definitely tell that.   I still fill like we are in Limbo land, so that hasn't changed.


This year, I just want to get back to exercising 4-5 days a week.  I would love to run at least 2 days a week.


I am going to restart 365.  I started last year in March or April, I cant remember when and I am to lazy to dig through the blog right now to figure out which one it was.   


I want to redo the kids room.  


Pinned Image
This is my inspiration.  I am going to throw some plum in there as well.   I am excited about this! 



zigzagwhole425.jpg
I am also going to attempt the above quilt for their beds.  I have never made a real quilt before so this could come out very interesting.   


I want to make a quite book for the kids as well.... I  probably should have started it yesterday since I hear they take a lot of time.  


My goals so far are all very achievable, except for the quilt they are all things that I have done before.   The next two are going to be hard but I need to give them my full effort.


My biggest goal is to read the bible in a year.  Me and Jeremy have been reading the 1 year bible for 3 years now.  But I am going to do it all on my own.  I picked the theme approach.  Each week I will read chapters of the bible that fall under 7 different categories The Law, History, Psalms, Poetry, Prophecy, Gospels, and the Epistles.  This is something I really want to do. You can find the schedule I am using here


 I also want to start memorizing scripture.  I am thinking 1 scripture a month, maybe pertaining to my 12 biggest challenges.  Or maybe my 4 biggest challenges and then 3 scriptures for each area.  This goal is still a work in progress but it is going to happen.  


Those are my goals, what are yours?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...