Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stop worrying...


I struggle with this big time.   Last night I was very anxious about Christmas.  This has to be my least favorite holiday of all.   Horrible right?  Its because I hate what Christmas has become.  I think people, me included, get so wrapped up in the presents, parties, and family drama that they/I forget that we celebrate this day because the is when our Savior was born.   

We have a crazy belief in this family, its better to give than get.   And when you give, presents that are made with love, they are going to be remembered way longer than the hottest toy or electronic gadget that you spent way to much money on.  In fact when the kids are older we may do away with gifts and just take a family trip! 

I am a horrible procrastinator when it comes to Christmas shopping.  This year I have very few presents to buy but I also have a pretty big list of stuff I need to pick up at Joann's and Micheals for our gift making.  I am finally going to go on Saturday and get all the stuff and then stress for the next couple of weeks to get it done before Christmas.    

The whole point of this is that I was super stress out last night and talking to God about my stress.  Telling him that I knew I need to give it all to him and stop worrying but that I was struggling with it big time.  Well this morning I woke up to do my devotion and the title of the devotion reads, Face Challenges in Stages.   WHACK, yep that is the sound of God reminding me very bluntly that I need to rest in this verse:

 “So don’t worry about tomorrow,
 for tomorrow will bring its own worries. 
Today’s trouble is enough for today.
Matthew 6:34 NLT


This morning I stopped worrying about Christmas and all the stress that goes with it and I decided to start worrying about the things that concern me today.  Like cleaning up my disaster of a house!

Look how nice and clean I got my house...

Haha, its an illusion!  I only picked up the living area so far because I need to vacuum.  Anything not touching carpet was left alone!  By the time Jeremy gets home this afternoon, it will have been destroyed by hurricane Bristol and tornado Eldon again but at least the carpets will be freshly vacuumed!

2 comments :

  1. Oh I love your sweet spirit and willingness to allow God to teach you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...