Monday, June 20, 2011

Just hit me upside the head why don't you...

I have been reading Grace For The Moment by Max Lucado for my daily devotional.  Today was the second time I just felt like God was trying to get me to understand  a point.   The First thought was titled Don't Miss God's Answer...
 "The God of surprises strikes again...God does that for the faithful.   Just when the womb gets to old for babies, Sarai gets pregnant.   Just when the failure is to great for grace, David is pardoned... The lesson? Three words.   Don't give up....Is the road long? Don't stop.  Is the night black? Don't quit.   God is watching.  For all you know right at the moment... the check may be in the mail.  The apology may be in the making.  The job contract may be on the desk.  Don't quit.  For if you, you may miss the answer to your prayers."
 This is today's...
"Why does God wait until the money is gone?  Why does he wait until the sickness has lingered?  Why does he choose to wait until the other side of the grave to answer the prayers for healing?  I don't know.  I only know his timing is always right.  I can only say he will do what is best...  Though you hear nothing, he is speaking.  Though you see nothing, he is acting.  With God there are no accidents.   Every incident is intended to bring us closer to him."
These are things I really need to hear.   I forget to listen and I forget to patient.   Yesterday I was stressing slightly because Eldon is getting to big for his infant carrier so he will need to move in the a convertible seat.  The only problem is his convertible seat wont fit rear facing in the Yukon, and the suburban doesn't have air conditioning so we can't drive it with the kids.   But this morning I am not worrying because I know when the time is right God will provide us with a means to get a different family vehicle.  

I also have been really bitter because I want to move closer to family.  Its so hard raising kids with out family around, its sad to know that Bristol and Eldon have a cousin who is just a month younger than Eldon that they probably wont meet until January or February of next year.  Its hard that Bristol and Eldon wont ever really know their grandparents because there is only so much interaction you can get on Skype.  

I need to remember that God knows the desires of my heart and as long as I am faithful in praying to him and depending on him for all my needs he will make the desires of my heart possible.  The answers might not be exactly the way I envision them but they will be perfect because they will be Gods plans.  

God will always give what is right to his people who cry to him night and day, and he will not be slow to answer them.   Luke 18:7

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...