Saturday, June 4, 2011

5k and proud mommy moment

Today was the 5k.  I SURVIVED!   I ran the whole thing.  I was so proud of myself.  I wanted to quit at 1.5 miles but I kept telling myself that I wasn't going to fail.   And I didn't.  I ran the 5k in 38 minutes.  3 minutes over my goal.  When I first decided to do this, I  asked Jeremy if he thought is was feasible for me to do it in 35 minutes, well it wasn't but I did it in 38.  I was pretty proud.   Bristol and Eldon did great, they where only 1 of 2 jogging strollers in the event.  I guess other parents didn't think it would be so fun to have to be at the park by 7 am for registration.   They where probably the smart parents.  

Running.  I still can't believe I enjoy running these days.   I used to hate it.  But when I told my amazing husband that i wanted to run a 5k, he said "Okay, lets do it!"  and he pushed me every step of the way to do it.   I am so happy he pushed me.  

My proud Mommy moment.  Well I have 2.  A couple weeks ago Bristol had to get a shot, she didn't even cry, whine or fuss!  Such a big girl.   Yesterday I thought she had an UTI.  So I had to take her to the doctor to make sure.   She peed in the collection container!  No need for a catheter.   I was so proud.  The doctor was amazed.   She was shocked my 20 month old was doing so well with potty training.  Since it was her first time seeing us, she is not aware of how determined I am when it comes to something I decide we should do!

5k, backyard playtime in the pool, and church!  A wonderful Saturday spent as a family!

I tried to tell her goldfish don't float, but she wanted to see for herself.

My little flirt

Jeremy and I were in different age categories.  He was in the middle age group!  

Not a very good picture.  I forgot the camera so we had to take it on my phone.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...