Monday, February 28, 2011

6 weeks

Where has it gone?  6 weeks and 1 day ago I was miserable.  Then our wonderful bundle of joy came in to this world.  I am still having a hard time grasping that Eldon is 6 weeks old today!   He is such an interesting little guy! I still haven't really figured him out.   He is really not getting on board with my schedules, which is not making for a very happy momma!  Yesterday night he went down after his 7pm feeding with absolutely no fuss.  I was amazed.  Both kiddos where in bed by 8pm!  So I cleaned up the Bristol hurricane and picked up the kitchen as I do nightly!  Then instead of going to straight to bed I decided to read for a little while.  Eldon has been sleeping from 7-2 or 3 am for about a week now so I didn't see any harm in staying awake to read a couple chapters in my book.  BIG mistake.  I realized my mistake when the little stinker woke me up at midnight to feed him.  As soon as I crawl back into bed at 1ish and just fallen asleep Miss Fuss Fuss decides she is going to wake up.  Which is very rare.   So I go in and rock her back to sleep because she is not feeling well at all.    Well needless to say last night was a very LONG night.   Tonight on the other hand Eldon is wide awake in his swing.  He has been fed, has a clean diaper, and is all nice and snug in his swaddle.  BUT he screams bloody murder every time I put him in the play pin.  So after letting him cry for 5 minutes, yes I know that seems harsh to most people, I go in and get him.  So since I don't want him to think I am going to rock him to bed every night, I stick him in his swing when he is fighting sleep.  This allows me to do my nightly cleaning and normally when I am ready to go to bed around 9 or 9:30 he has fallen asleep.   We will see what happens tonight, hopefully the little guy at least gives me a 7 hour stretch.  Because as Jeremy metioned causually on his way out the door for work tonight, I am not a morning person.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, leave me a comment and keep an eye on your inbox for a response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...